PrestaShop

Has anyone else considered PrestaShop? [url]http://prestashop.com/[/url]

It’s open-source but it doesn’t have many shipping calculators or many payment modules.

I have played with it before. Stay away with it because it is very basic. Like I said in other thread, just stick with cs-cart until you have enough money to build your own.

[quote name=‘joe’]I have played with it before. Stay away with it because it is very basic. Like I said in other thread, just stick with cs-cart until you have enough money to build your own.[/QUOTE]

Hi Joe,

Yeah I thought it looked a bit too simple, very web2.0 I think. What puts me off is the lack of payment and shipping modules as standard.

I’m loving CS-Cart though, have two licenses already and the third CS-Cart site will be up soon. As for building my own site, we actually had our main site custom made: http://coemaudio.com.au

It’s very nice to get something custom made, but damn it costs a lot more!

A lot more? Of course! Around how much then? Why don’t you customize based on cs-cart? Could please tell me the good points of your customized website over cs-cart?

BTW, your website design rocks!

Thank you.

All I’ll say that is that it costs many many times more then my CS-Carts, I’m a little ashamed how much more it cost then CS-Cart… :stuck_out_tongue: It’s a very nice custom build though, compared to other custom carts it was mid-priced.

We had this site built in 2006 and at that time, there wasn’t much available in pre-build shopping carts. A lot of the carts weren’t feature packed as they are now.

Our custom cart doesn’t have many good points compared to CS-Cart, the only I can think of is the apperance. It’s quite tricky to get CS-Cart to look completely different to the standard form.

For our custom cart, we had to pay extra for things like PayPal/Credit Card and shipping calculators.

[quote name=‘mrpham’]Has anyone else considered PrestaShop? [url]http://prestashop.com/[/url]

It’s open-source but it doesn’t have many shipping calculators or many payment modules.[/QUOTE]

PrestaShop is not ready for prime yet. I’ve tried everything and I mean everything. I have used custom solutions to extremely enormous back-ends.

So far based on my observations of CS-Cart Beta I am absolutely stunned. I recommend you try it out. I’ve been using it for about 3 hours now and I love it.

What are you selling? Physical Product. Every situation is different depending on your needs. What are you requirements?

i just looked at it - yep way too simple… its a cart… there are tons of carts out there… it seems little more nicely done than a lot of simple carts… but it gives the illusion of being more complex… but there is no real substance to the cart…

Cs-cart Is ok

[quote name=‘brink668’]PrestaShop is not ready for prime yet. [/QUOTE]Amen.

I’m new here; I’m not yet a cs-cart fanboi.

I sooooo wanted to like PrestaShop, but “not ready for primetime” sums up my sentiments exactly.

here’s a few specific pain points, excerpted from my review notes:

“attributes & features… the UI is really klunky. Can’t see the forest for the trees. Once a value is added, I’m not even sure how/where to access/edit/delete it”

“Grrrrrrr! No docs! MAYBE grouped attributes are forced choice… and features are freeform (flavor=feature ? but its possible values aren’t predefined, not limited to lookup list?)”

“not all fields are edited on same screen (address info is separate) ?so that customer can have more than one address? one address can have more than one customer?”

“EVEN THOUGH i DISABLED ALL COUNTRIES CEPT US, FORIEGN COUNTRIES ARE STILL SELECTABLE IN CUSTOMER RECORD EDIT / SELECTBOX ! dAMMIT!

-=-

sO, I nixed the rows via phpadmin… and Joe Doe’s customer address disappeared…

…and there’ no way to manually add/edit his customer address.

F**king. Lame!!!”

^---- yeah, I was pretty frustrated/upset by that one

“Password regenerate: xxx minutes – Security minimum time to wait for regenerate a new password” ---- not sure what the rationale is for this, or how it’s used

“Invoices {--------------- PRINT, BY DATE RANGE, TO PDF (big whoopie!) ~~ no csv export, no gridview onscreen report”

PDF

PDF

PDF. blech.

“Order Messages {------ can preview the email content, but no means to edit the message via the UI”

“Zones {------------- states, countries, zones… incomplete in that states cannot be overlaid with UPS or USPS rate zones”

“permissions:

will be nice… but, as is, it’s only half finished

granular permissions (view / add / edit / delete) for each page/activity within the admin UI…

…but I found no way to create additional usergroups (aka roles, aka ‘profiles’) into which employees would be placed”

“Appearance {------------- 2 extra themes offered at project site; no docs & no obvious way to install them (so that app could find them)”

“email:

choose send to webmaster, or customer service… but nowhere in app to set separate destination email addresses (obvious addressses are spambot bait)”

“image handling:

nice (auto regenerates thumbs) but CONFUSING. Perhaps language barrier? For each ‘sort/type/kind’ defined, the UI provides multiple checkboxes stating

“this will be applied to product images” , “this will be applied to category images”…

…each can be toggled independently, or all can be toggled… so which overrides which???”

“y/n – Increase Front Office security – Enable or disable token on the Front Office in order to improve PrestaShop security

^--------------- no docs & it’s unclear what some of the options do, exactly”

“customer registration:

customer forced to enter dual address (business name address) and a label for “my address”… because eventual multiple addresses per customer are assumed???”

“front end:

logged-in customer still sees “register/login” text in navigation (no indication they are logged in)”

“front end:

logged in customer shouldn’t be asked to enter their email address when submitting contact us form, eh?”