[Presale-Question] MultiVendor Questions before i buy it

Hello Cs-Cart Team,

i have a idea how i can use your multivendor cs-cart version. I am already since 2008 cs-cart customer with a Pro Version.

Now i checked the forum and your offer page, but i did not find really all answers.

What i find here is the pain in the … http://forum.cs-cart…or/page__st__20 you sell a module what should usually standard for a multivendor shop system??? :shock:

This is really strange. Correct me when i have missunderstood something, but usually it is not allowed in the most countries to take 3th Party money, if you have not financial license!!!

So here in my country (germany) it would be not allow (illegal) it to set up a multi-vendor shop with your software. And so far I know it would be not allowed in the most countries.

My question, can Vendors set up their own payment gateway? So that they can the money direct in there paypal or whatever account!

In which way will Vendors pay there invoice to the Shopowner? I have not seen plans that I can set up for the Vendors.

How can the Vendors register there account?

Where can Vendors set a coupon Code?

What happend when two or more vendors have the same products?

Thank you very much for answering my questions!

There is a certain logic as to why it is made this way and that is that the CS-Cart Multi Vendor was primarily designed around a commission scheme basis (the main store can make money from the purchases.)

They have since made the following addon however which may help you:

[url=“Automated vendor payouts add-on for CS-Cart Multi-Vendor - News and Announcements - CS-Cart Community Forums”]Automated vendor payouts add-on for CS-Cart Multi-Vendor - News and Announcements - CS-Cart Community Forums

Thats o.k with this addon. as wrote i have found this addon. But the one site is cs-cart. They like to sell software, what is ok for me. But the other site are the users what buy the software, what we are. But the third site is that we must comply with laws. And this is what here not fit. But i wrote also, only so far i know.

Maybe somebody other know more than me!?

[quote name='Triplex' timestamp='1338112246' post='137427']

Hello Cs-Cart Team,

i have a idea how i can use your multivendor cs-cart version. I am already since 2008 cs-cart customer with a Pro Version.

[/quote]

You are not 1st person requested such function. Most of us not allow to take money from customer directly from customer w/o the goods on our hands.

Unfortunately CS-cart still not listen to our voices. Is that too difficult to make it default? Not really.

[quote name='Siu Ling' timestamp='1338349604' post='137615']

Unfortunately CS-cart still not listen to our voices. Is that too difficult to make it default? Not really.

[/quote]

Why not save us the speech and go program it yourself then?

[quote name=‘Siu Ling’ timestamp=‘1338349604’ post=‘137615’]

You are not 1st person requested such function. Most of us not allow to take money from customer directly from customer w/o the goods on our hands.

[/quote]

Sorry i dont get you. I think you have not understand my request. So for me its not allowed to take the money from the customer directly and send then the money to the vendor. Thats not allowed when i take money for a 3th party. Because for this i must have a financial lisence or similar.

But maybe i have missunderstand something on this business model (cs-cart multi vendor)!??

PS@Siu Ling then you must read more the forum. Have found a other thread with the same problems ;-)

[quote name='Triplex' timestamp='1338899452' post='138068']

So for me its not allowed to take the money from the customer directly and send then the money to the vendor. Thats not allowed when i take money for a 3th party. Because for this i must have a financial lisence or similar.

[/quote]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Hello, [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I recently submitted a request for a quote to have an Etsy-like module developed, on top of CS Cart Multi-[/font][/color][color=red][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Vendor[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] edition V3. This should circumvent this problem.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]It will essentially do what Etsy does : have a store operate under a single domain, with [/font][/color][color=red][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]vendor[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] profile showing on product pages while at the checkout phase, include [/font][/color][color=red][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]vendor[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]s' payment gateways and have the customer pay for each [/font][/color][color=red][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]vendor[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]'s items in separate transactions.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]If you are interested in such an add-on, CS Cart confirmed that we could bundle our requirements and send a group request to have this module developped for us.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Of course, cost of development will then be shared across more projects, thus lowering the price for all participants.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Please reply if you are interested.[/font][/color]

Hello everybody,

I’m new here in this forum and, first of all, a happy and peaceful New Year :-)

A long time I’ve been looking around and cs-cart multi-vendor-edition seems to point at least in the right direction. If it is really suitable for my needs, that’s the big question.

Since the whole project is sort of complex I try to break it in different issues.

So let’s start with the localisation problem:

I want to run the shop in Germany which means that the shop must comply with all of the specific onlineshop regulations in Germany. For those who are not familiar with that issue, here you can find some criteria.

In this context:

[quote name=‘Triplex’ timestamp=‘1338112246’ post=‘137427’]

i have a idea how i can use your multivendor cs-cart version. I am already since 2008 cs-cart customer with a Pro Version. [/quote]

@Triplex and all other users running a cs-cart shop in Germany:

Do actually run a cs-cart shop in Germany or are you still planning to do so?

Triplex, you say you’ve been a cs-cart Pro version sustomer since 2008. Is this shop actually online and operating? This refers to the normal Pro version, not to the Multi-Vendor version which seems to have some difficulties more.

BTW: Did anybody here manage to contact the German reseller of cs-cart? This company is called Klein Websolutions and I tried many times to call them…but nobody picks up the phone and nobody answers e-mails…

Could anybody recommend good resellers who are als doing additional (quality) programming for a reasonable price? Since the internet is everywhere they could be located anywhere but sometimes it might be a good idea to speak face-to-face, so a radius of let’s say 300 km around Germany would be favourable.

Before I go further with all bits and pieces of my project I think it’s most important to find the aswer of the question above because it is crucial!

Just to make an outline: I want to build up a marketplace similar (! not the same! ;-)) to Amazon Marketplace or eBay, which means that there should be a very easy to use frontend for the different vendors (not a whole shop with a complicated backend!) and a frontend for the buyers. I’m running the marketplace and control everything via the backend. This marketplace is commission based, i.e. every vendor pays a commission when an item is sold. Actually there is much more stuff but this is just the story in a nutshell.

I appreciate all of your helpful hints!

Cheers

Paul

Hey Paul, just so you know also…CS Cart MVE does not at this point offer the Auction functionality like ebay or amazon or many other multi vendor sites do. I'm currently looking for other MVE owners that would be interested in helping to afford the exhorbiant cost to have the Auction Functionality added to the MVE.

are you at all interested?

~B.

IF YOU WANT FIX your request. you need little money for custimze. cs-cart is for wide user not only for you.