Pre Orders

Hi All

We have used CS Cart for a number of B2B implementations where we use it as an ordering/stock management system for promotional merchandise. One of our clients has come to us asking for something a bit different.

They are thinking or a pre-ordering system. Basically the idea is that people in their offices globally would pre order a selection of products and at a certain cut-off date we would roll up the orders and order with our suppliers (this bit would be manual). The items would not then be available for draw down after as they would use existing systems for this. it is only for consolidating the orders. A bit like a shop in reverse..

It would also require a few bespoke reports, custom emails etc but my gut feeling is that this may be achievable in CS Cart. I'd appreciate any thoughts/suggestions or experience with this sort of thing.

Cheers,

Toby

Hi All

We have used CS Cart for a number of B2B implementations where we use it as an ordering/stock management system for promotional merchandise. One of our clients has come to us asking for something a bit different.

They are thinking or a pre-ordering system. Basically the idea is that people in their offices globally would pre order a selection of products and at a certain cut-off date we would roll up the orders and order with our suppliers (this bit would be manual). The items would not then be available for draw down after as they would use existing systems for this. it is only for consolidating the orders. A bit like a shop in reverse..

It would also require a few bespoke reports, custom emails etc but my gut feeling is that this may be achievable in CS Cart. I'd appreciate any thoughts/suggestions or experience with this sort of thing.

Cheers,

Toby

hi there,

You can check https://store.webkul.com/CS-Cart-Pre-Order.html

this would fullfill your need.

If their is something more you need then you can contact support@webkul.com

Thank you-

Himanshu Dangwal

Hi

That looks like it may well do the job. Just a couple of questions. There would be no payments as all our payments are done through invoicing but there would be a price, possibly different for different user groups. Can we do this by just using an invoice payment method as we do now? However the full price would need to be shown in the preorder stage (it is possible that we would want the price to change as the total amount pre ordered by users increases.

We would also need a minimum order quantity not a maximum order quantity.

In terms of the dates shown, we would want to set an end date for the pre order period ie the users need to get their orders in by that date after which no more preorders are accepted/possible. There would also be a delivery date which would typically be 2-3 months later.

Cheers,

Toby

Hi Toby,

With little modification you can have exactly what you want.

Payment can be handled easily.

No need to actually make payment.

Thank you