Post addon?

Would love to see a post addon implemented and setup like the news feed. I understand there is CONTENT for CS-Cart but content to me is for pages (about us, faq, contact, etc). I would love to see posts so that you write research article postings and then embed the latest posts as a widget.

Just like Wordpress.

I just like to separate pages from what I call articles.

There already is…it's called News. Add the News block to your layout, however, it's quite limited in that it only allows you to show the title/link to the last X news articles in the block with a “View All” link. It's quite a simple template to edit, so that you can show the title, date, excerpt of the article, etc.

I was basically suggesting that they clone the “news” feature… since the same structure can be used for “articles”. Other than that, they could add categories for news feed, allowing you to separate updates from keyword rich articles.

I see. So basically you just want the blog categorisation. So you can use the default CS-Cart “News” function to be able to publish both news and articles. There's a few addons around for this. There's one in particular which shows a portfolio of a few sites running the addon on the developers site, however, I would advise not using it, as it's a complete mess and isn't exactly up to standard in terms of CS-Cart addon structure or even the coding structure. Wouldn't fancy your chances getting it to play ball in future CS upgrades either.

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1377543074' post='167393']

I see. So basically you just want the blog categorisation. So you can use the default CS-Cart “News” function to be able to publish both news and articles. There's a few addons around for this. There's one in particular which shows a portfolio of a few sites running the addon on the developers site, however, I would advise not using it, as it's a complete mess and isn't exactly up to standard in terms of CS-Cart addon structure or even the coding structure. Wouldn't fancy your chances getting it to play ball in future CS upgrades either.

[/quote]

I wouldn't be against importing all of my old posts are CS-Cart news feeds. You would loose the tags, but it makes more sense for them to be news feeds than content pages.

Does anybody have a xml template for adding new news postings to CS-Cart? I hate to have to recreate these one-by-one.

I was looking for a way to export current news updates in CS-Cart so that I could see the format, but I don't see that either.

There isn't any (by default anyway) exports for the news content, but there is always SQL exports. What are you trying to do? Import posts from WordPress into CS-Cart News? You should be able to do this with relative ease, even more so if you don't use the News function in CS-Cart already, therefore there should be no conflicting UID's in any of the relevant database tables.

As an update, I been using the news addon in place of Wordpress posts.

Some suggestions to improve this feature in IMO would be the use of tags (although I see the difficulty in this because it is not a product), ability to add meta tags and for the news page (ie: index.php?dispatch=news.list) to show excepts or a few lines from each articles, when when it is setup to appear on it's own page. The news page looks rather bare without.