Possible to send an ivoice to a customer to pay online?

I’m not sure if this is a built in feature or not. But can you set up an order for a customer to just pay? Like send them a link to an invoice so they can pay online? Right now I use a custom credit system for custom jobs but it can confuse customers during the order process on occasion (even though it’s pretty straightforward).

I suppose I could make a custom product for each customer and have them order that way…not sure if that would be any easier for me or them though.

Snorocket is having an incoice addon designed. You can donate to the addon at:

[url]http://www.snorocket.com/addons/quote-invoicing-addon.html[/url]

To find out more about what it does you can go to:

[url]http://www.snorocket.com/forums/showthread.php?241-Quote-Invoice-Manager[/url]

You might need to register, I don’t know.

I’ll bet that his addon would help you. The problem is though is that he is short on the amount of donations needed to build this addon. You could probably either read through the forum thread or contact Sno directly to find out more.

Brandon

[quote name=‘IsItFast’]I’m not sure if this is a built in feature or not. But can you set up an order for a customer to just pay? Like send them a link to an invoice so they can pay online? Right now I use a custom credit system for custom jobs but it can confuse customers during the order process on occasion (even though it’s pretty straightforward).

I suppose I could make a custom product for each customer and have them order that way…not sure if that would be any easier for me or them though.[/QUOTE]

Not exactly what you want, but take a look at this thread:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=15453[/url]

Snorocket’s quote/invoicing add-on will probably make the most sense if you do a lot of custom work.

Bob

Oddly, I didn’t realize Sno was working on something like that already (I’m a member over there). I guess I didn’t really understand that the mod would do what I want. I have found a solution but I may go ahead and donate because I may like to use the custom mod in the future.

Oddly, I found a solution by reading what one customer said they do on that forum. I tried it and it seems to work fine. Here are the steps:

1. Create a new category “Custom Order” and set it to be hidden.
  2. Create a product for the customer that will essentially be the invoice. Since it is a product I can give it a proper description, images, and name the SEO page name, etc.
  3. Set the product as “hidden” too and place it in the “Custom Order” category.
  4. Since you control the SEO name you can get to the product page without it being visible in the cart. For the example below: the SEO name would be invoice221. Which you can enter in your browser: yourcart.com/custom-order/invoice221.html It would take you directly to that product page that is set up custom for the customer.
  5. Simply bookmark that page in your browser. Now click on that link and change the end from “invoice221” to “invoice222” or whatever you want the name of the invoice to be on your next customer.
  6. Then you can send the customer a direct link to order.

I found this to be a pretty clever work-around for a custom invoice and does pretty much exactly what I need. Or it seems it will but I won’t know until I test it with customers. The only real issue I see is that I don’t have a way to put lots of details to show up on my end so I know what the job consists of. But my invoice numbers I create will reference back to the job details I have so it’s not that big of an issue for me.

[QUOTE]yourcart.com/custom-order/invoice221[/QUOTE]

That would totally suck if google ever “accidently” indexed your customer invoices for the whole world to see! :smiley:

It is “possible” that this could somehow happen down the road, actually, considering the nightmare this would cause, can’t say I would risk it!

[quote name=‘Struck’]That would totally suck if google ever “accidently” indexed your customer invoices for the whole world to see! :smiley:

It is “possible” that this could somehow happen down the road, actually, considering the nightmare this would cause, can’t say I would risk it![/quote]

Yeah, I wonder if those pages are truly hidden. In any case, I would delete the invoice shortly after the customer paid for safety reasons. Plus my invoice numbers wouldn’t be sequential as for me it would more likely be something like /joeblo144.html This would avoid someone just typing in the next/future number to see invoices.

[QUOTE]Yeah, I wonder if those pages are truly hidden[/QUOTE]

Well, no matter what, in this situation you just gotta ask yourself the simple question of “WHAT IF” :smiley:

I can’t even imagine the problems this could cause if somehow Google indexed these invoices, something got overlooked, or “something” changed with a cart update… :cool:

For my situation, it really wouldn’t matter even if it did get indexed. There never would be anything too personal on the product page since all my job information is stored on my computer. At most it would be a custom logo on the page…mainly just some random invoice name/number with a price.