Greetings, We are trying to go live with our cs-cart but just can’t seem to get order emails working and order processing is taking an exceptionally long time.
The beta site is installed here, [url]http://www.harrisonmotorsports.com/demo/index.php[/url] It would be 100x better than the old Zen cart if we could get the check out working.
After clicking “Place Order” the site displays 'Placing the order. Please be patient…" for 2-5 minutes. After the order finally processes, no emails are ever sent to the customer.
I assume there is some email issue and the order is not processing until the email server times out. Just a guess.
What I have already tried:
- I have eliminated the possibility of the payment gateway causing the issue. We have set up “Phone ordering” as an option to eliminate any requests being sent to Authorize.net.
- I am doubtful FedEx is the problem because it works when tested in the admin panel.
- I have followed all steps here, [URL=“CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation”]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation The site will correctly send a email when a php script is manually run.
- All emails in Administration>Settings>Company are set to an email address that matches the domain.
- I also attempted to use SMTP email settings provided by the hosting company. This had no effect on the problem and I have set the emails back to “via php mail function” in Administration>Settings>E-mails
Not sure what to do at this point.