Placing order... please be patient v CS3

Hello,

I just finished reading the thread for this same issue dated 2010 for CS cart v2 but am not able to resolve this issue in v3.

We have had CS3 running for since December 2012 and have never had this issue in version 2…

When a customer submits payment via any form of payment the screen shows: “Placing order… please be patient” and it hangs there for 10-15 minutes… but meanwhile the payment has been approved via authorize.net or paypal… we get the email regarding payment approval but we don't get the emailed invoice until 20 minutes later… and the screen showing “Placing order… please be patient” actually never seems to disappear…

We tried clearing the payment cache and also changed cache type but still nothing changed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

~ Lake

[quote]When a customer submits payment via any form of payment the screen shows: “Placing order… please be patient” and it hangs there for 10-15 minutes…[/quote] And you actually have customers that will sit there & wait for 10 plus minutes? :-)

You can be safe in assuming that this is not the normal experience for 3.0.x users, so you most likely have a corrupt file from your recent upgrade or a manual ftp upload, try re-uploading your CS-Cart files from a fresh download and double check all directory & file permissions.

I currently have 3.0.5 Pro running on a seperate (semi-live) test site and have not had this situation.

[quote name=‘Struck’ timestamp=‘1359418459’ post=‘153874’]

And you actually have customers that will sit there & wait for 10 plus minutes? :-)

[/quote]

I know, right? Yes, my customers are special… I would never wait that long…

My guess was file corruption too… I will give that a try. Thanks!

Check your PHP error log and see if you find anything related to 'payments'. (I.e. a file in the payments directory). This may lead you to your problem. Usually this is a result of the processor not completing the transaction by responding back to the cart. This could be due to a network/dns issue or a wide variety of things.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1359420750' post='153877']

Check your PHP error log and see if you find anything related to 'payments'. (I.e. a file in the payments directory). This may lead you to your problem. Usually this is a result of the processor not completing the transaction by responding back to the cart. This could be due to a network/dns issue or a wide variety of things.

[/quote]

Okay, I will check that out… but the processor (auth.net) is approving the payment that part goes through, but are you saying that the processor is perhaps not responding back to the cart eventhough the payment has been approved? Thanks!

[quote]

When a customer submits payment via any form of payment

[/quote]

I'm pretty familiar with Anet. It is a transactional based environment (no callback) so you either have a network problem or some error during the response section of the payments/authorizenet_aim.php file. My bet would be the latter so check your php error_log file.

Also, disable any 3rd party addons you may have installed and re-enable them one by one while doing test orders in between. You might find that it is something outside the standard cart that is causing the problem(s).

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1359497236' post='153965']

Also, disable any 3rd party addons you may have installed and re-enable them one by one while doing test orders in between. You might find that it is something outside the standard cart that is causing the problem(s).

[/quote]

Thank you for continuing to share other possible solutions… Yes, we did a fresh install of the files and still had the problem… but then we tried again leaving out the addons tables and was able to place an order with no issue… Now we are putting the addons back one by one to see which is the problem…

But we will also take a look at Anet file as you suggested. Thanks so much!!

Okay, so we have found out that it was Google Analytics add-on with the “track e-commerce transactions” box checked that was causing the problem. The logs confirm it was the analytics addon as well.

Once we unchecked the box, the problem stopped… but there still must be another reason for this creating a conflict… but we reinstalled fresh files so not sure what it could be…

So in case anyone else comes across this issue you can at least start by unchecking the “track e-commerce transactions”…

Thanks for your suggestions…

I have stores on 3.0.4 and 3.0.5 with 'track ecommerce transactions' enabled and don't have any problems with it. I suspect the add-on is broken or causing some other conflict. Have you tried uninstalling, refreshing the cache, then installing the Analytics add-on again to see if this cures the problem?

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1359675136' post='154160']

I have stores on 3.0.4 and 3.0.5 with 'track ecommerce transactions' enabled and don't have any problems with it. I suspect the add-on is broken or causing some other conflict. Have you tried uninstalling, refreshing the cache, then installing the Analytics add-on again to see if this cures the problem?

[/quote]

That's a really good idea… Yeah I thought it odd that the Google Analytics would be “the cause” of the problem, especially since no one else was reporting to have this issue… I will give that a try… Thanks!

Are you sure the Google side is setup correctly and it's not spending time over there before returning? It is a synchronous operation.