Piwik Code

Trying to use Piwik analytics service on CS-Cart. The whole setup worked perfectly, but it's asking me to add code just before the tag the pages I want to track.

Since cs-cart uses “dispatch” commands to get content and there's no body tag in the index.php file, I tried adding a hook to the index.tpl file:{hook name="index:piwikfooter"}{/hook} and adding the bit of Piwik code to “piwikfooter.post.tpl” in design/themes/basic/templates/addons/my_changes/hooks/index. It doesn't seem to track anything.

How would I add the “tracking” code before the tag for all pages?

Create an html block and put the code in it.

Put the block at the end of section Content, from Defaul section (Design - Layouts - Default).

[quote name='oemill' timestamp='1390343662' post='175698']

Create an html block and put the code in it.

Put the block at the end of section Content, from Defaul section (Design - Layouts - Default).

[/quote]

Hi oemill. Thanks for answering my question.

Unfortunately, that didn't work. But I did figure it out after all - it was working all along…sorta. It just took a few hours before it showed me any results, and it doesn't seem to track everything I do. It's a problem on their side I believe.

I will keep this thread updated in case anyone else would like to use piwik one day (it's free and apparently it can track users, unlike google analytics).