Php Error On Ver 4.3.4

I receive this error do you know why ?

Even if we increase memory size PHP error remain !

PHP Fatal Error Message

Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 125829121 bytes)

Error at

app/lib/vendor/imagine/imagine/lib/Imagine/Gd/Imagine.php, line: 70

Backtrace

on line 70 I find this :

if (false === imagefill($resource, 0, 0, $index)) {

Many servers have a max memory limit. What does phpinfo tell you memory_limit is set to?

Many servers have a max memory limit. What does phpinfo tell you memory_limit is set to?

max memory limit was 512 mb, now is 738 and working

but I don't think is normal to use over 512 mb

Try to install Imagick library on the sever. It works better than GD

Yes to imagik, but also it's very difficult to identify what's happening with memory usage. Depends on the operations being performed. If you're doing image imports and expecting sizing to occur, then yes, it can consume quite a bit of memory. Data exports can also use lots of memory and anything that uses Phar (the archiver used in V4.0.1 through V4.3.3) wants to keep everything it's going to archive to a file in memory first.

Hi all,

I got same error just when browing certain categories, strangely enough and have increased php memory on my server to 1056m and now is working. Should I be looking for a different fix for permananent fix.

Also as it only came apparent when browsing certain categoreis, is there any way I can see if it has been happening for a while or not, I am thinking scour the error logo in public.html.

Thanks

John

PHP Fatal Error Message Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 153745889 bytes) Error at app/lib/vendor/imagine/imagine/lib/Imagine/Gd/Image.php, line: 617 Backtrace

Hi all,

I got same error just when browing certain categories, strangely enough and have increased php memory on my server to 1056m and now is working. Should I be looking for a different fix for permananent fix.

Also as it only came apparent when browsing certain categoreis, is there any way I can see if it has been happening for a while or not, I am thinking scour the error logo in public.html.

Also this error log is 786mb can it be deleted cleaned out and replaced.

Thanks

John

PHP Fatal Error Message Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 153745889 bytes) Error at app/lib/vendor/imagine/imagine/lib/Imagine/Gd/Image.php, line: 617 Backtrace

It seems that the issue is caused by too large images uploaded for products. The best solution in this case is to optimize images.

It seems that the issue is caused by too large images uploaded for products. The best solution in this case is to optimize images.

Strange, all my images have been optimised and been working fine for years in this category, Seems it only happened after we changed the thumbnail size for category products in settings>thumbnails

JOhn

Strange, all my images have been optimised and been working fine for years in this category, Seems it only happened after we changed the thumbnail size for category products in settings>thumbnails

JOhn

Yep, that will force a resize of all of your images to create the thumbnails. If you have even one that's large it can blow memory out. I now use xnconvert to standardize my images with a max longest side of 1024 pixels before I upload.

thanks