Php 7 Error On Cs Cart V4.3.8

Working with Easy Apache 4.0 makes it possible for me to select PHP 7 and well as previous releases at the same time for different CS Cart stores / hosting accounts on my dedicated VPS. However when selecting PHP 7 for our main CS Cart driven store I get the following error

PHP Fatal Error
Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mb_strtolower() in /home/pasioonline/public_html/var/cache/templates/graceful/316058709e662029f08c9df99cdd46c4bc467cdb.tygh.meta.override.tpl.php:150 Stack trace: #0 /home/pasioonline/public_html/app/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(188): content_57d7cc3b5e4fd7_20955605(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template)) #1 /home/pasioonline/public_html/app/functions/smarty_plugins/block.hook.php(81): Smarty_Internal_TemplateBase->fetch(‘addons/canonica…’) #2 /home/pasioonline/public_html/var/cache/templates/graceful/9f53045e2794fafaf65e79da11af2d76a65a6b57.tygh.meta.tpl.php(73): smarty_block_hook(Array, NULL, Object(Smarty_Internal_Template), true) #3 /home/pasioonline/public_html/app/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatebase.php(188): content_57d7cc3b2d4879_07508638(Object(Smarty_Internal_Template)) #4 /home/pasioonline/public_html/app/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php(304): Sm
Error at

var/cache/templates/graceful/316058709e662029f08c9df99cdd46c4bc467cdb.tygh.meta.override.tpl.php, line: 150
Backtrace

1 Like

PHP must be complied with --enable-mbstring or the "Zend Multibyte Support" must have some other multi-byte support enabled.

You can see what your particular instance of php is configured as by going to Administration/Logs and then select PHP Information from the menu at the upper right of the page.

I.e. my PHP 7 has:

Configure: '--enable-zend-multibyte'  and '--enable-mbstring' with
Zend Multibyte Support: provided by mbstring

Note that you must clear your cache after you change versions of PHP as well.

Note that the mentioned file ( tygh.meta.override.tpl ) means that the function is called by the module. I have checked default modules and failed to find it. It means that the issue is caused by 3rd party module

Note that the mentioned file ( tygh.meta.override.tpl ) means that the function is called by the module. I have checked default modules and failed to find it. It means that the issue is caused by 3rd party module

Thanks you both.

I have by the way deleted the cache in a second instance after switching from PHP 5.6 to PHP 7.0 as Tony suggested.

I am not sure about this 3rd party module either, but I guess it is not an eCom Labs addon for sure.

At the very moment I am not having any issues anymore (thumbs crossed).

Oeps spoke too soon. In my other CS Cart V4.3.8 store -

Table './healthav_store/cscart_product_popularity' is marked as crashed and should be repaired (145)

How do I repair a table like this one ??

Fixed...

Now this store is working again like before.

Oeps spoke too soon. In my other CS Cart V4.3.8 store -

Table './healthav_store/cscart_product_popularity' is marked as crashed and should be repaired (145)

How do I repair a table like this one ??

FYI, the table can be repaired from phpMyAdmin

http://prntscr.com/cikwq0

Yes I noticed that yesterday but instead of PHPmyAdmin my favorite SQL admin tool is still Navicat. :grin:

Yes I noticed that yesterday but instead of PHPmyAdmin my favorite SQL admin tool is still Navicat. :grin:

Love Navicat!