Phone validation

Hello.

I am setting up CS-Cart on my store and I would like to know if there is any way to change the phone validation routine, ie., phone numbers in Brazil do not have the same format as phone numbers in US.

So if I type in (11) 3333-4444 (a phone number in São Paulo, for instance), CS-Cart tells me that it is the wrong format, and the only way I can make it go through is by typing it as 1133334444.

I thought about removing the phone field from the user form and adding it again as a text box, however CS-Cart does not let me remove the default phone field, nor change it to a text box.

Any ideas?

Nothing, anybody?

Dunno if this may help

John

Thanks for the tip, johnbol1, however I would like to change the validation mask (is that the correct name?) or disable validation altogether in this field. Without any changes, I can currently use 1133334444 but I can't use (11) 3333-4444.

By the way, it works if I use (011) 3333-4444, however the first zero has been abolished from brazilian phone numbers years ago.

You have probably found this by now, but just in case - cs cart offers instructions in their Knowledge Base for disabling the phone validation: CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Sorry I didn't see your post sooner.

Hi tuari, I didn't read that KB article. Actually I just let the phone field as is. Thanks for pointing to it.