Phone order with out adding user account

I would like to be able to take phone orders with out setting up a user account. Why would someone want to tell me what user id and password they want to use over the phone anyway…? I just want to be able to process orders for phone customers to streamline my operation. Is there a way to remove the user id and password requirement? Even removing the email requirement would be nice…

Thanks

I believe in order to not have to set up an account in the admin for phone orders you will have to stop requiring it on the front end. I know we allow customers to check out as a guest and we do not have to ask for pw when a customer calls on the phone. We do still have to use an email, but we just created a generic email address for the domain and use that for customers who did not want “an email confirmation”. Basically, when a customer calls in we simply ask if they want an email confirmation of the order and tracking number to be emailed to them when the order ships. If they say no we just use our generic in house email.

Thank you! That seems to be exactly what I need…

[quote name='clips' timestamp='1317214374' post='122476']

I believe in order to not have to set up an account in the admin for phone orders you will have to stop requiring it on the front end. I know we allow customers to check out as a guest and we do not have to ask for pw when a customer calls on the phone. We do still have to use an email, but we just created a generic email address for the domain and use that for customers who did not want “an email confirmation”. Basically, when a customer calls in we simply ask if they want an email confirmation of the order and tracking number to be emailed to them when the order ships. If they say no we just use our generic in house email.

[/quote]