People keep missing the discount code box

When you add something to the cart, if you go straight to checkout without viewing the basket first, you do not get the opportunity to enter a discount code.

This happens time and time again for me and I always have to edit the order later and refund the amount of the discount.

Can anyone suggest a good way to make sure my customers see the discount code box?

Thanks,

there is a coupon redeem form on the one-page checkout page…

if coupons are regularly distributed i suggest using CSS to enhance this box visually

I changed my buttons and links to always send my customers to the cart first before they checkout since I’m using the multipage checkout and there isn’t another place for them to enter the coupon code. It seems to work well for my customers.

[quote name=‘scase’]I changed my buttons and links to always send my customers to the cart first before they checkout since I’m using the multipage checkout and there isn’t another place for them to enter the coupon code. It seems to work well for my customers.[/QUOTE]

How do you do that?

Use the Customization mode to view your cart. Find the current code for the Checkout links/buttons then replace their code with the dispatch.cart code (attached to the View Cart links/buttons) which will send the customer to the cart instead of directly to checkout. If you still need help, let me know and I’ll go dig up the templates and codes where you need to change this info.

Hope this helps!