Paypal Transactions "important Order Was Cancelled By Customer"

Our Customers are normally redirected to Paypal page, then pay with credit card, then redirected back to my store and the top of the Check out page says "Important Order was Canceled by Customer"

Their Payment is received OK, but causes everyone to worry.

This issue doesn't happen with all transactions. Is there anything I can do resolve this issue? I don't know how to edit code, sorry.

*Using version 4.34

If I can recall correctly, the cause of the issue is having the "Override customer info:" checked in the PayPal addon settings.

It's been unchecked and this issue still occurring.

Not sure what to tell you then except there have been quite a few updates to the PayPal addon since 4.3.4.

Problem can happen if Open status order is set to increase inventory instead of default decrease..

Problem can happen if Open status order is set to increase inventory instead of default decrease..

Hi Darius, It's always been set as Decrease.

Thank you both for your replies, Any other suggestions are welcome.

Our Customers are normally redirected to Paypal page, then pay with credit card, then redirected back to my store and the top of the Check out page says "Important Order was Canceled by Customer"

Their Payment is received OK, but causes everyone to worry.

This issue doesn't happen with all transactions. Is there anything I can do resolve this issue? I don't know how to edit code, sorry.

*Using version 4.34

What status do you see for these orders in the admin panel?

I have a customer who just reported this to me as well. The order is in Incompleted Status and the Processor Reason is "Customer cancelled order" but the payment was received and is still valid.

It's not consistent. It appears to come and go in waves... we'll have several incidents in one week, then the problem goes away for awhile.

I wonder if it's Paypal Servers?

Check with paypal and have them look at their logs related to sending the IPN for those transactions. I think you'll find they were not able to connect to your store. Why is a whole other question and may be related to your hosting, setup, configuration, etc.....

I think this may be an issue with PayPal? I experienced the same issue today.

Submitted Support Ticket to Paypal today, after documenting this occur with 3 transactions in a roll over the weekend. It always occurs in clusters then goes away.

Thank you for the feedback and help!

It's not consistent. It appears to come and go in waves... we'll have several incidents in one week, then the problem goes away for awhile.

I wonder if it's Paypal Servers?

Are you behind CDN?

I'm not familiar with CDN settings or how they work. What's the purpose and how can it help me?

It's been 48hours since I submitted my support ticket to Paypal, and still no response.

IPN messages are somewhere in paypal profile settings, cant remember exactly where.. There you will see did they reach you or not.

CDN is a service that delivers content to visitors faster, some hosts use it, but this (at least it did for me with Cloudflare) IPN did not go past this caching..

CDN is a service that delivers content to visitors faster, some hosts use it, but this (at least it did for me with Cloudflare) IPN did not go past this caching..

That's because cloudfare actually takes over your DNS. Suggest you use an IP address in paypal if possible for the IPN response.

Note also that with cloudfare, if your site is https, there is NO encryption between cloudfare and your server. Only between cloudfare and the client.

No longer using cloudflare, IPN was not working, site is now full SSL, also gtmetrix and google page speed was better without then, so most likely this service is beneficiary for host service owner only to get some load of the server..

That's because cloudfare actually takes over your DNS. Suggest you use an IP address in paypal if possible for the IPN response.

Note also that with cloudfare, if your site is https, there is NO encryption between cloudfare and your server. Only between cloudfare and the client.

I created support ticket with CS-Cart this morning, after getting this response from Paypal

Upon checking on the transaction ID provided, I do see that the payments are completed on PayPal side and the payment notification was sent right after the payment. I do not see any issue on PayPal site and would suggest you to check with CS-Cart.

Merchant Technical Support
PayPal

CS-CART Support fixed issue on Friday. "We have fixed the issue. Please check the results."

Everything worked fine until this morning when the issue re-surfaced. Customer pays with Paypal on Paypal page, then redirected back to my store and the top of the Check out page says "Important Order was Canceled by Customer" when Paypal captured payment fine.

Do I contact my Hosting Company about setting up CDN?

That is one thing to do. However, since cs-cart seems to encourage CDN, I would re-open the ticket and tell them it's doing it again. I would also ask them to detail whatever changes they made to your site.

Note that different CDN providers implement CDN differently. In essence as with most services, you get what you pay for. Cheap or free providers tend to want to control (capture) your DNS. This can cause issues with incoming POST or PUT requests.