Paypal For Commerce

jlinc,

Did you try Tax Cloud?

Alavara and Tax Jar seem to charge quite heavily and Tax Jar does not do Refunds.

Any suggestions?

Hi All, quick note, we haven't been able to fully implement PayPal Commerce. The reason is we used Simtech's TaxCalcs Addon to calculate tax and it doesn't work with PayPal in CS-Cart.

We are eagerly waiting for Simtech to fix their addon to work properly.

Not familiar with them. But TaxJar is not a payment method, it is a tax api. It is quite good and accurate, but also quite expensive the way cs-cart does taxation (by product). So every time an item is added/removed from the cart, it's a tax transaction for each product in the cart and they charge by the transaction.

Not familiar with them. But TaxJar is not a payment method, it is a tax api. It is quite good and accurate, but also quite expensive the way cs-cart does taxation (by product). So every time an item is added/removed from the cart, it's a tax transaction for each product in the cart and they charge by the transaction.

Sorry I am jumping into the conversation

Do you mean

lets say :

In cart :

Vendor A product (France 20%) 25 £ = 30 £

Vendor B product (UK 21%) 45 £ = 54.50£

Vendor C product (Greece 18%) 70 £ = 82.50 £

How does the cart works this out with cs cart (without taxjar or else )

How does cs cart deal with taxes from vendors from different countries with different tax bought from people from different countries

in the cart ?

Vendors should should do VAT included , but if dealing with customers out of their own country shop , how does that work out ?

Thank you Seth

Taxation is based on the rates you setup for "locations". Each vendor is an 'origin' and the customer is a 'destination'. So taxes are calculated on the destination and shipping is done between origin and destination. Not sure your above is a valid scenario (but I'm not in EU and am surprised by many things there). But all the taxes should be based on the customer's location.

Taxjar is great in the US since we tax based on product type, amounts and State, County and City levels. I.e. in NY City, garmets are not taxed if the item is under like $110. But if it's over that, it's taxed at 8%. If you sell auto tires, you have tire taxes at federal level and all jurisdictions down to the city level. US Taxes MUST be done by something like TaxJar or not done at all to be accurate.

But, given taxes are different EVERYWHERE, it's hard to set accurate rules and exceptions. I.e. a customer can be 'tax_exempt' but maybe only for one vendor on a site they may not be "tax exempt" for others in the order. Especially if you have a truly worldwide marketplace.

I am using taxjar addon as well using paypal ecommerce but I am unable to complete order

Response: {"name":"UNPROCESSABLE_ENTITY","details":[{"field":"/purchase_units/@reference_id=='202'/amount/breakdown/item_total/value","value":"0.43","issue":"ITEM_TOTAL_MISMATCH","description":"Should equal sum of (unit_amount * quantity) across all items for a given purchase_unit"},{"field":"/purchase_units/@reference_id=='203'/amount/breakdown/item_total/value","value":"31.88","issue":"ITEM_TOTAL_MISMATCH","description":"Should equal sum of (unit_amount * quantity) across all items for a given purchase_unit"}],"message":"The requested action could not be performed, semantically incorrect, or failed business validation.","debug_id":"db091815c8dbc","links":[{"href":"https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api/orders/v2/#error-ITEM_TOTAL_MISMATCH","rel":"information_link","method":"GET"}]}
PayPal Debug ID: db091815c8dbc

item total mismatch error coming

Why is it so please explain how I can fix it

I've talked with Simtech and currently the TaxJar addon they sell is not compatible with CS-Cart PayPal Commerce integration.

We've been waiting months and hoping they come out with an upgrade for it soon.

Is there a TaxJar alternative since it's not compatible with Paypal Commerce?

Not that I know of. We are just sitting patiently hoping Simtech will fix their addon which I assume they will. For now we only use Stripe Connect.

Does this mean that you have set up your cscart tax rate table for all of the US zip codes manually? How is Stripe Connect calculating taxes on your checkout?

Stripe Connect works with the TaxJar addon from Simtech. Paypal Commerce does NOT work with the TaxJar addon.

Taxation is based on the rates you setup for "locations". Each vendor is an 'origin' and the customer is a 'destination'. So taxes are calculated on the destination and shipping is done between origin and destination. Not sure your above is a valid scenario (but I'm not in EU and am surprised by many things there). But all the taxes should be based on the customer's location.

Taxjar is great in the US since we tax based on product type, amounts and State, County and City levels. I.e. in NY City, garmets are not taxed if the item is under like $110. But if it's over that, it's taxed at 8%. If you sell auto tires, you have tire taxes at federal level and all jurisdictions down to the city level. US Taxes MUST be done by something like TaxJar or not done at all to be accurate.

But, given taxes are different EVERYWHERE, it's hard to set accurate rules and exceptions. I.e. a customer can be 'tax_exempt' but maybe only for one vendor on a site they may not be "tax exempt" for others in the order. Especially if you have a truly worldwide marketplace.

I am just seeing this , Thank you very much for your reply , it was really helpful to read this .

In europe/UK we have some set of tax rules that differ depending on the product , like clothes for toddler are not taxed for instance.

And I am not sure how to set up this .

Thank you very much for all the explanation .

As far as i know there is no third party cs cart integration with a taxjar equivalent for europe. So we have nothing