Paypal Express Goes Back To Cart Page

Hi all, I have just upgraded to 2.1.1 and when purchasing from the checkout.cart and using Paypal Express, after logging in to Paypal Express and pressing “confirm” paypal directs me BACK to the checkout.cart page and not the checkout.checkout page which is a little confusing for customers? is this now what is supposed to happen? I have all my files set to 644 and all folders 755

Regards

You should be able to configure the page that shows after a purchase. This is done from your Pay Pal account.

This has never been a problem before and has only happened since 2.1.1 :S How do I setup the redirect in Paypal please, I can’t find it anywhere?

I have also noticed that since the upgrade, this checkbox makes no difference if ticked or unticked

"When the customer clicks on any Checkout button/link in the store, redirect to the Cart content page first "

It always takes me to checkout.cart

I made a check.

1. bought an item
  2. clicked on check out button
  3. checked out as registered use

redirected to the PayPal site as in the screenshot.

image-165.jpg

Hi Indy, cheers for loooking into it, however its the screen AFTER that page that you have attached that won’t go to checkout.checkout, instead it goes to checkout.cart again and customers then don’t know what to do.

Thanks

Does anyone here currently use paypal express so I can see how it works on your site as I want to make sure this is not just me.

Hi,

I have a test site that I just installed paypal express. I also have another site I am building with paypal express. I have never taken it past the login screen.

If you want to try it, send me an email or private message and I’ll send you the urls.

Bob

I just configured paypal express on my cart and I have the same problem.

i go to checkout with the paypal button, then i get to this page

i enter in info, then click on review payment.

it brings me to this page, i click continue

after that, it brings me back to the cart page

Do you use a PayPal ‘Sandbox’ or a real ‘API Signature’?

I was using the sandbox API. Live wouldn’t have this problem?

[quote name=‘purelife’]I was using the sandbox API. Live wouldn’t have this problem?[/quote]

I know form the past, that the sandbox doesn’t work properly. Just try to make a ‘real’ purchase. You can then cancel the payment and get a refund without any charges.

i changed all the api info to LIVE information. same thing it goes back to that cart page. am i supposed to now click on the GREEN checkout button after paypal brings me back to the cart page? I’m using paypal express.

[quote name=‘purelife’]i changed all the api info to LIVE information. same thing it goes back to that cart page. am i supposed to now click on the GREEN checkout button after paypal brings me back to the cart page? I’m using paypal express.[/quote]

Hi, then contact the CS Cart team. If your issue will be fixed, it would be nice to post the solution as this problem appears by other users as well.

i turned off paypal express as this is now inherrent on everyones store running paypal express, it confuses the hell out of all my customers so i am now only using paypal standard at stage 3 of the checkout.

I tried again, still using paypal express, on LIVE. On the cart page I check out by clicking the green checkout button right from the start and it works fine. Just the paypal xpress yellow button don’t work when checking out hm…

Also, is the paypal cart page suposed to not show the items? It only shows the amount:

Paypal express not showing items for a long time now, regular paypal checkout shows list of items purchased.

So CS_cart support tells me that is how paypal express is supposed to function! Cost me 5 credits for that :rolleyes:

--------------------

“Thank you for your request.

Please let me explain.

PayPal express can be used in two ways. If customer clicks on the button on the “Cart” page he will be redirected to the PayPal pages. Where he can enter his information and then comes back to the shop. CS-cart will use this information for getting shipping cost. And after customer clicks on the place order button the payment will be done. Or it can be used as a standard PayPal payment method.

If you do not want to see the Pay Pal button on the “Cart” page you need to use the Pay Pal payment method instead of the Pay Pal express payment method. You can set up it on the “Payment methods” page in your administration panel.

I hope this explains the situation.

Thank you”

----------------------------------------

That is so confusing for the customer to first click on YELLOW PAYPAL checkout, go to paypal fill in information, redirect to cs-cart checkout page, CLICK GREEN CHECKOUT BUTTON.

NO way will the customer know to do that, they will just keep on clicking the yellow button to checkout with paypal.

Anyways now I have given up on the EXPRESS CHECKOUT. Now I set up website payments standard. Is this normal to have the TAX field up there with the cart items? Shouldn’t it be under shipping charges?

I had to go back to using paypal standard, there is now no point in using paypal express they may aswell get rid of it. I am sure it didnt used to be this way in 2.0.15 i swear it used to take us to the checkout.checkout after pressing place order in paypal.

[quote name=‘AmitP’]I had to go back to using paypal standard, there is now no point in using paypal express they may aswell get rid of it. I am sure it didnt used to be this way in 2.0.15 i swear it used to take us to the checkout.checkout after pressing place order in paypal.[/QUOTE]

Hi,

What setting do you have under Administration->Settings Option"When the customer clicks on any Checkout button/link in the store, redirect to the Cart content page first"?

I had this checked and PayPal Express alays took the customer back to the checkout.cart page. I unselected this setting then tried again, I was still directed back to checkout.cart page.

I then contacted CS Cart who told me that it was not their cart and I needed to pay them to fix it.

Why pay to fix something that worked fine before I upgraded from 2.0.13, obviously the upgrade broke it. But CS Cart does not care and did not want to fix it.

So just on a whim I thought to replace the payments/paypal_express.php file with one from the extracted CS Cart files from my PC.

After I replaced it I manually deleted the contents of var/cache and var/compiled directories on the server.

After I had done this PayPal Express started to direct to checkou.checkout when returning from PayPal but only when the Administration->Settings Option"When the customer clicks on any Checkout button/link in the store, redirect to the Cart content page first" setting is not selected. When I select this setting it starts to direct back to checkout.cart page again.

So for me this solution worked, but I still had to manually change the code in the cart to stop my customers going to checkout.checkout page when they click the checkout button.

Hope this also works for you…

Cheers,

Aleks

[quote name=‘AleksB’]Why pay to fix something that worked fine before I upgraded from 2.0.13, obviously the upgrade broke it. But CS Cart does not care and did not want to fix it.[/quote]

You should install a ‘clear’ version of CS Cart you want to upgrade to and check the PayPal function if it works properly or not.