Paypal Express Checkout Error 10486 For Credit Card Payments

Hi everyone in the forum!

We have this issue in cs-cart installation version 4.1.2.

If someone choose to pay with credit card from his paypal account, the transaction was not completed. The Paypal redirect user back to e-shop where cs-cart show error 10486 for this order. This occur only with credit card payment. The order status in cs-cart admin panel is "Failed" for this order and the message is:

(10486) This transaction couldn't be completed. This transaction couldn't be completed. Please redirect your customer to PayPal.

If someone choose to pay with Paypal account balance, the transaction is completed normally. No error.

The e-shop platform we use is cs-cart version 4.1.2. We haven't this issue in the past. Cs-cart support team told us that this error is from Paypal and not from cs cart.

Could someone help with this issue?

Please find some information here

https://www.paypal-knowledge.com/infocenter/index?page=content&id=FAQ1515&actp=LIST

I do a test payment with my own credit cards. The transaction limit didn't exceed the card limit or a bad funding source. Why this error occurred? I use this card for online payments or shopping with success.

I do a test payment with my own credit cards. The transaction limit didn't exceed the card limit or a bad funding source. Why this error occurred? I use this card for online payments or shopping with success.

Since error message and error code are received from PayPal and not generated by CS-Cart, we recommend you to contact PayPal support team