Paypal Advanced Payments Setup Help

Hello,

I am trying to setup PayPal advanced payments and the instructions form CS-Cart are not clear.

Under technical details of the payment setup are:

Technical details

Merchant login:?
API user:?
API partner:?
API password:?
Test/Live mode:
Test Live

In PayPal they only give you this:

PayPal account:
my email address
Client ID:
AQr-bN5xxx
Secret: EMgq_xxx

Note: There can only be a maximum of two client-secrets. These client-secrets can either be in “Enabled” status or “Disabled” status.

Created Secret Status Action Feb 10, 2022

Can someone tell me what exactly to put into the 4 inputs under technical details, none of my guesses are working, and CS-Cart please make the instructions more clear.

Appreciate the help in advance, using latest version of CS-Cart by the way.

Did you ever get this figured out? Seems odd that the documentation for CS doesn’t line up with the information PayPal gives you. All the information in the config area for PayPal Payment Advanced doesn’t match ANYTHING that PayPal gives you in the API credentials. The CS docs needs to be more clear.

Starting from version 4.10.4 the PayPal Payments Advanced payment method was renamed to Website Payments Pro.

Could you please let me know exactly what difficulties you are experiencing?

I have been using Website Payments Pro for many years to process credit cards. PayPal recently introduced me to PayPal Advanced which has payment options like Venmo, Google Pay and Apply Pay. So I was wanting to offer that to my customers. I don’t see how to offer that via Pro and the fields CS is asking for in the Advanced payment option are not something PayPal is providing me with.

PayPal Checkout with Venmo and Pay later is planned to be included into the next minor version of CS-Cart - 4.18.1. Google Pay and Apple Pay are already available in the Stripe payments:

1 Like

All this would be great if I was using Stripe as my payment processor. But even if I were to use Stripe, I am running an older version of CS which doesn’t offer Stripe as a payment option. And my cart is HIGHLY MODIFIED so I can’t simply update to the newest version just to accept stripe. Frustrating I am jumping through hoops with my payment processors to be able to accept Google/Apple pay but CS doesn’t have any options for me to actually add them to checkout.

As far as I know, these payment options are a feature of a new PayPal integration. We’ll support them starting with CS-Cart 4.18.1. Usually such things come in new CS-Cart versions.

But I think there is a third-party add-on with new PayPal integration; however, you’d need to ask the add-on developers if their add-on supports Venmo, Google Pay, Apple Pay, etc.

If it isn’t too much trouble, could you tell me what version of CS-Cart you’re running?

1 Like

I’ve actually been using that PayPal SDK for a few years now so I’ll see if I’m missing something to make it work.

I’m running 4.11.4.SP3

1 Like