Payment Method And User Groups

Good day,

Can anyone tell me if latest cs-cart paymen method and user group configuration is done difrent then was in 2x.

What I want to atchieve is exclude particular group from being able to us some payment method.

Say I got user groups All guest registered and for example wholesale

I have 2 payment methods 2checkout and paypal, all but wholesale to be able to checkout with any payment method and wholesale not to be able to use 2checkout, exclude particular user group from being able to use selected payment method. Is this posible on 4.1.1 ?

For 2x I had exclude user group addone done by cs-cart.

The user group settings for payment methods are inclusive. So any user groups you select will be able to use that method and any not selected won't.

So to exclude a group you would check all of them except the one you want to exclude.

I only came in at version 3 so I don't know how that differs from before but that's how it works in 4.1.1

Just tested on 3x

User groups guest, registered and wholesale

Users

1. User1 (Registered)
  2. User2 (Wholesale)

Payment methods
  3. PayPal (wholesale)
  4. 2Checout (marked Guest, Registered)

User1 does checkout and he see in checkout only 2checkout

User2 does checkout and even if 2checkout is selected with guest and registered, wholesale group also 2checkout).

I think if you belong to wholesale (created user group) by default you also am registered memeber.

I really need to exclude wholesale group from selected payment method…

Hello Darius,

Yes, it's possible. But you shouldn't use Registered/Guest user groups in order to reach this result . You need to create one user group for all payment methods (User 1) and another user group for PayPal (User 2).

Sincerely yours,

CS-Market.

Thanks for tip. Not sure if this would work. Guest does not belong to any group, if any payment method is available for guest, wholesale member will see it.

I am having a similar issue with preventing my wholesale user group from using a credit card to pay.

The problem seems to be that the wholesale group is associated also with registered user. This means that all wholesale customers are also registered users. So, in effect I cannot allow my retail customers who have registered to use credit card without also allowing the wholesale group to do so. If I allow only guests to pay by card, then the registered users are not allowed. This would solve my wholesale customer dilemma, but cause other problems with my repeat retail customers.

IT's been awhile since I reviewed this, but I believe it is still working like this, so what is the work around? Any ideas?

Thanks for reading

ecomlabs made addon for me exclude user group for payments. Ask him for it.

I am having a similar issue with preventing my wholesale user group from using a credit card to pay.

The problem seems to be that the wholesale group is associated also with registered user. This means that all wholesale customers are also registered users. So, in effect I cannot allow my retail customers who have registered to use credit card without also allowing the wholesale group to do so. If I allow only guests to pay by card, then the registered users are not allowed. This would solve my wholesale customer dilemma, but cause other problems with my repeat retail customers.

IT's been awhile since I reviewed this, but I believe it is still working like this, so what is the work around? Any ideas?

Thanks for reading

We will release such add-on soon.

Hello!

We are glad to present you our Hide Payment And Shipping Methods add-on that allows you to hide some payment and shipping methods for the certain user group. The discussion is here.