Payment Instructions showing on checkout

Recently noticed that payment instructions, which normally showed after payment was made are now showing on the checkout process. I have attached a screenshot. The small “Charge on your credit card” text underneath the Credit Card payment option is from the “Description” field under payment methods and the text below that seems to be the Payment instructions. How do I change it back so the payment instructions are shown after checkout has been completed?

error.jpg

Bump. Can anyone confirm that what I am seeing is correct? If you enter text in the payment instructions box under the payment method, does it show on the checkout page or on the order confirmation page after payment has been made?

Hello idslamyou,

Thank you for your message.

I have checked this issue in my local standard CS-Cart installation and in our demo store ( [url=“Instant Demo - CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Demo Try Free for 15 days”]Instant Demo - CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Demo Try Free for 15 days ) and, unfortunately, failed to reproduce this problem. Payment instructions were displayed for me after an order was placed as it should be by default.

If you still experience this problem, it requires examination on your server. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide temporary access to your server by clicking on the Add record link on the Access information page of your Help Desk account so that we could examine the issue.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

So frustrating. Opened up support ticket and cs cart support says this is the way it is supposed to be.

So does anyone know how to add text, instructions for a payment method to the screen that is shown after the order is successfully placed?

do you mean the order landing page, if so it is in design/blocks order landing page.

create an html block and put in it what you like

If you dont mean that then can you explain more.

john

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1358193788' post='152794']

do you mean the order landing page, if so it is in design/blocks order landing page.

create an html block and put in it what you like

If you dont mean that then can you explain more.

john

[/quote]

Yes the order landing page, but how do I specify by payment method. If someone pays with a money order, I want them to see our address on that landing page. Obviously, if someone pays with a cc, there is no need for them to have these instructions. In V2.2.5 the html in the “payment instructions” box under the payment method was shown on the order landing page. Now it it shown on the checkout page.

Hello idslamyou,

There was little confusion in my answer. Namely, there is a bug fix which resolves the minor problem with payment descriptions. After this bug fix is applied, payment descriptions become visible on the checkout page in the storefront by default. I have tested this feature in my local standard CS-Cart installation and in our demo store, where this bug fix is not applied. That is why I saw different results.

It seems that you have this bug fix applied in your CS-Cart installation. So our technical support engineer was quite right. Some code modifications are required to implement this feature. We would be happy to assist you in this matter within our technical support service.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

So basically I have to pay to get a feature that was already standard in CS-cart?

Why would a “bug fix” move the descriptions to a completly different section of the checkout process.

Hello idslamyou,

Thank you for the reply.

The bug was that these payment instructions were not displayed on the checkout page in the storefront. That is why it was decided to resolve the issue and display the payment instructions there. I suggest that you should contact us via Customer Help Desk. We will see what we can do for you without subtracting your technical support credits.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

I still can't wrap my head around how a feature/design that was in v2 is now considered a bug in version 3. I did contact the support and was told it would cost 10 credit to put it back to the way it was. Support ticket ID: #100780155

Interesting … I wonder what I got … bug or feature?

I have two payment methods: Credit Card and Check / Money Order.

On the Checkout / Billing Options, I got two tabs: Credit card and Other Payment Options.

On the Other Payment Options tab, the Payment instructions appear, however, on the Credit card tab, the Payment instructions do not appear.

In order to resolve my issue, I had to edit the template to get the Payment instructions on the Credit card tab to appear.

Hello idslamyou,

[quote name='idslamyou' timestamp='1358360065' post='152956']

I still can't wrap my head around how a feature/design that was in v2 is now considered a bug in version 3. I did contact the support and was told it would cost 10 credit to put it back to the way it was. Support ticket ID: #100780155

[/quote]

Thank you for the reply.

I have already seen this message. That is why in my previous message I told you to contact us via Customer Help Desk so that we could see what we can do for you without subtracting your technical support credits.

[quote name='Entangled' timestamp='1358390287' post='152996']

Interesting … I wonder what I got … bug or feature?

I have two payment methods: Credit Card and Check / Money Order.

On the Checkout / Billing Options, I got two tabs: Credit card and Other Payment Options.

On the Other Payment Options tab, the Payment instructions appear, however, on the Credit card tab, the Payment instructions do not appear.

In order to resolve my issue, I had to edit the template to get the Payment instructions on the Credit card tab to appear.

[/quote]

Hello Entangled,

It seems that you are talking about the same bug which is discussed in this post. I suggest that you should contact us via Customer Help Desk as well so that our technical support engineer could provide you with a bug fix. Unfortunately, I cannot provide it here as long as a lot of code changes are required to implement it.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Pavel,

I would like to know why the Payment instructions on the Other Payment Options tab show up yet the instructions do not show up on the Credit Card tab.

It seems to me, that if there is a bug in displaying Payment instructions, the bug would effect Payment methods not just the Credit card tab.

On the Credit card tab, the Payment instructions explains how the charge will appear on the Customer's credit card statement. On the Other Payment Options tabs, the Payment instructions gives our mailing address for sending Check / Money Order payments.

I am using cc.tpl for Credit cards and money.tpl for Check / Money Order payment. Money.tpl is an empty file and works whereas cc.tpl has code in it and doesn't work.

Is this “bug fix” going to be put into future releases of CSC? Why isn't the fix posted as a patch or a DOT release so ALL of us don't have to contact Tech Support?

Hello Entangled,

Thank you for the reply.

As I told in my previous message, it seems that payment instructions are not displayed for you because of a well-known bug. This bug is already fixed in current CS-Cart version 3.0.5. We do not provide a separate patch for this problem on the forum or somewhere else, because this issue is not a major one. A lot of such minor bugs are fixed in CS-Cart all the time and it is almost impossible to create a separate patch for each of these bugs.

So that is why everyone who needs a bug fix for some particular minor problem contacts us via Customer Help Desk and our technical support engineer provides it at the first opportunity.

I sincerely apologize if this has caused any inconvenience and I rely on your understanding.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Good enough Pavel … I understand and have contacted the Help Desk for the fix.

But, if 3.0.5 fixes the problem I might just upgrade to it.

Thanks,

Craig

Hello Craig,

You are welcome.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Pavel,

There is a thread in Design and Templates, “Profile > Phone Field”, which discribes the problem and the fix.

The issue is in 3.0.5 too … two definations were left out of base.css.

Craig

There is another issue with this “bug fix”:

Payment Instructions show up when you are selecting your payment method & then the same Payment Instructions show up on the order landing page.

The Order Landing Page should have different language on it - shouldn't it?

It makes sense that the Payment Instructions are on the checkout page - when you are selecting your payment method - this is where I included “Secure Checkout provided by blah blah blah” information for CC and Paypal. This is also where I included “offline” payment instructions - who to make the check payable to and where to send it, etc.

But then on the Order Landing page the same language is used again. While that is fine for “offline payments”, Open orders, that need instructions for mailing a money order and such, it makes no sense at all to use the same instructions for Processed orders.

It really appears as though CS-Cart needs a Pre-Payment Instruction field and then a Post-Payment Instruction field for each payment method, and the Post-Payment Instruction field is where your “Thank You for your order” message goes.

Here is a good example:

One of the common questions I get with orders paid via PayPal is, “Will my order ship to my PayPal shipping address?”.

So I put language on the Payment Instructions page for PayPal that says “Your order will ship to your COMPANY_NAME Shipping Address”. (where COMPANY_NAME is the name of your store). I hyperlinked Shipping Address to “/checkout?edit_step=step_two&from_step=step_four” for a convenient link to go back and check the Shipping Address.

When this same Payment Instructions show up AFTER checkout on the Order Landing Page, the hyperlink should be changed to “/profiles-update?user_type=C” - IF it has to appear at all, which it doesn't.

Here's a better example:

If I want to say, “Thank you for your order!” in the Payment Instructions so my customers see SOMETHING that says this after the order is placed, then this same language shows up on checkout, during payment, BEFORE the order is completed.

I have the same problem as Don. I am on 3.0.6. Also it seems like the bug with payment-pictures/icons is still not fixed.