Page Not Found When Accessing /admin.php

All of a sudden I’m not able to access the backend of my site. I just get a 404 page not found. I’ve accessed the page several times today for various reasons and tonight when I try, I keep getting page not found. Why would this be? I’ve deleted /var/cache but that didn’t change anything.

(This is my live site on the internet, not the testing site I’ve been posting about in another thread).

I have not changed anything on this site–certainly not today.

I’ve done some searching on these forums but most people seem only to encounter this problem after an upgrade or new install, and neither of those applies here.

Thanks in advance for help.

Assuming you're not really using admin.php but rather some other name for the admin url. So check what you have 'admin_index' set to in config.local.php and then verify that you have that file in place.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1408076260' post='189613']

Assuming you're not really using admin.php but rather some other name for the admin url. So check what you have 'admin_index' set to in config.local.php and then verify that you have that file in place.

[/quote]

Find details here

Thanks guys.

Tony, yes I had changed the filename a long time ago as recommended for security purposes.

This turned out to be a permissions problem. Somehow they had gotten set to 666 and should have been 644. No idea how that happened, but it's working again now.

Thanks again.