Page all messed up.. Ver 2.14

Hello. I am new to CS-Cart

Can someone please look at my link and maybe suggest what may have happened? (Keep in mind I am only learning CS-cart). Today I look at my site, which was there yesterday, and most of the page is missing.?! It does not show categories, nothing. Was there yesterday.Exporting a csv I see that all of the products, categories, etc are there, and my “Design Block” for categories says “active”, but my page ia for the most part not showing anything. I was on ver2.11 and I know a lot of people had problems with the upgrades, so I don’t know if this was somehow related. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks, Stan http://patstackandwesternwear.com

You’ve made some custom changes to the header files so most likely you have some bad code somewhere that is causing the issue. Probably a missing close bracket for some smarty template code. Remember to clear the cache after changes too.

Thank you.

It’s just wierd because I haven’t touched any header code for weeks. (Maybe my partner did, but I don’t think so). And which cache do you mean to clear. The browser cache? Thanks you for getting back.

[quote name=‘stangunner’]Thank you.

It’s just wierd because I haven’t touched any header code for weeks. (Maybe my partner did, but I don’t think so). And which cache do you mean to clear. The browser cache? Thanks you for getting back.[/QUOTE]

The template cache - [url]http://YOURDOMAIN/admin.php?cc[/url]

If you have changed the name of your admin.php file substitute it for admin.php.

Bob

You can clear the cache the following way:

[url]http://patstackandwesternwear.com/admin.php?cc[/url]

Where admin.php is whatever you use for the admin section in-case you renamed it. If you haven’t made any changes lately to any of the layout files then perhaps your blocks positioning files are corrupted. Maybe someone else can chime in if they’ve had this issue in the past. The most likely problem though is changed code, I’ve had that issue when I’ve forgotten to close a smarty tag.

Did you make any changes in Shipping/Taxes > Localizations? If yes, try to disable or delete it.

Thank you very much all. I will have a look at that in the morning. I really respect your inputs.

If your website was working fine before the upgrade it may be changes to the template system that have caused problems.

Have you tried changing your template to a default cs-cart template?

You may find if you where to change your template to a template like ‘Basic’ that it will work again, if it does then its a template issue if it still doesn’t work then it could be a corrupt database problem.

But to me it does sound like a template issue.

I recently upgraded my store from 2.0.11 to 2.0.14 without any issues it was a breeze, however I did have to make a few little changes to my custom template.

Let me know how things go.

Disabled Localizations in Shipping/ Taxes and all is good!

Now will have to understand why., but thank you indy0077.

Thank you all very much. This is definitely the place to learn from you all.

Stan.

When Localizations are active you need to specify for every category, product, page, site news, payment methods, shipping method (and probably more) which localizations have access. This is really quite powerful as it can allow you to restrict certain products and their related information to a specific area (e.g., if you carry both export and non-export items). Unfortunately, there is currently no default handling when no localizations are applied to an object. There is a ‘Planned’ item on the roadmap for “Batch update of localizations”.

Bob

EDIT: also quick link and top menu items