Our new site...

Let me know what you think. www.ladyserenas.us is the site. I’m just using default blue with a couple of mods but my wife and I like the clean look.

Hi Tom,

I like the site however my first niggle is that the header image at the top of the screen squashes the top links completely to the right hand side.

You can get around this by adding the image as a “background-image” in your styles.css file, this will allow it to be ‘sent to the back’ of the page saving you vaulable real estate. Additionally it will stop the creation of a bottom scroll bar (I’m on 1280x1024 and can’t go any higher)

If you need help let me know :wink:

PS: While I love the glass presentation for the earrings, you’ld might want to include a close up as there’s not much detail to go by.

JesseLee,

Thanks for looking and for the comments!

Yes please, I’d love help on that darn top image :). It would be great to get it as a background image. I work on a monitor with a 1920x1200 res so I sometimes have a hard time sizing images properly.

What I decided to do with the images is show a “viewable” size on the site and have the larger versions on the gallery site. I have been thinking about cropping the images and putting them in as additional images, there is plenty to work with as the originals are 2000x3008, I just haven’t found the time.

/skins/customers//customer/styles.css:

From this

/* Header styles */
.top-bg {
background-color: #fefefe;
background-repeat: repeat-x;
background-position: bottom;
}

To this :

/* Header styles */
.top-bg {
[COLOR=Red]background-color: #fefefe;
background-image: url('/images/ls_logo.png');[/COLOR]

}

This should but I can’t guarantee it so let me know if it doesn’t work :smiley:

Nope, didn’t work. I got a two-tone bar accross the top and when I removed the logo line from top.tpl all I had was the two-tone bar and the top menu on the left side.

Maybe I did something wrong?

Hi tletourneau

How big is the image you are trying to fit in top background.

The image is 957 pixels wide, not really a good idea if your using a fluid (100%) layout altough as mentioned above, setting it as the background in css certainly will help.

As it stands your site is viewable on anything over 1024 X 768 just about,

post a copy of your code for : skins…/customer/top.tpl

Will be easier for somebody to help you fix it :wink:

Here is my top.tpl:

```php {* $Id: top.tpl 1824 2006-05-17 17:23:53Z lantan $ *}

{$settings.Company.company_name}

{include file="top_quick_links.tpl"}

{include file="common_templates/select_currency.tpl"}

{include file="common_templates/select_language.tpl"}

{include file="top_menu.tpl"} ```

I'd really like to get this working as a background image. It sounds like it would make the site more viewable for more poeple and that's always a good thing.

Hi tletourneau

Your going to have to shrink that image to half the size it is now.

OK, I redid the logo. It’s now a 478x100 trasparent png file. I think it looks much better now.

I’m still interested in doing it as a background in the styles.css but I can’t seem to get that to work. Do I need to take some lines out of top.tpl?

Hi tletourneau

That looks 100 times better, and i would wait till version 1.3.5 comes out to use the image in css as many tables will have been removed from the templates.