Order placement improvements

[quote name=‘customfx’]

P.S. Zeke, Re the Shipping Address. I am finding quite a number of customers miss the link to open the Shipping Address. I would like to be able to have this displayed all the time. I know this does not suit everybody, so maybe a simple checkbox in Admin which when ticked, expands the Shipping Address fields in the Checkout. Is this possible?

[/QUOTE]

This is another feature :). Checkout improvements are scheduled too.

[quote name=‘jobosales’]

Can you clarify what will be displayed in the “big red box”. Will it contain the specific reason for failure (e.g, Address mismatch or incorrect CVV)?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, right.

[quote name=‘jobosales’]

Another improvement I would like to see on the successful order landing page is the opportunity for someone who has just checked out as a guest to create an account by supplying a username & password.[/QUOTE]

Added to the spec.

[quote name=‘zeke’]Added to the spec.[/QUOTE]

Great.

Checking out as guest and creating a user account after completing the order is good design.

[quote name=‘zeke’]Sure, there will be the textarea for the landing page message. Regarding tracking numbers - it’s not clear for me a little. As far as I understand, store owner enters tracking numbers after the order is placed, so customer won’t see them on landing page. Please explain this if I’m not right.[/QUOTE]

Zeke-

I think he means entering tracking code snippets for things like affiliate programs -the successful order landing page is the perfect place to trigger these. They could be entered alongside the general landing page message.

Bob

Zeke,

Here is a real life example of what can happen - and does happen when you leave blank credit card fields after an order that is finished without a problem:

“…I’m sure the confusion was mostly my own fault. I did see the green box saying transaction finished, then the page showed the summary and the price, below which it showed “payment method” which was blank and had spaces for credit card info etc so I put in the credit card info again and then soon realized what I had done…”

Now I have to void a credit card transaction and pay fees 2 times - once for the extra order and once to void it.

I am losing lots of money and not happy.

Please confirm that you will fix this design error quickly.

Thank you!

What checkout style are you using - single page or multi-page? I just don’t see the issues that others are having with people being confused but I’m using the multi-page checkout. When an order has completed, the customer is sent to a page which indicates the completed order and shows all of the information the customer just entered without any credit card fields appearing. The order just indicates the type of payment applied to the order.

[quote name=‘scase’]What checkout style are you using - single page or multi-page? I just don’t see the issues that others are having with people being confused but I’m using the multi-page checkout. When an order has completed, the customer is sent to a page which indicates the completed order and shows all of the information the customer just entered without any credit card fields appearing. The order just indicates the type of payment applied to the order.[/QUOTE]

I am using the multipage also with payments allowed more than once for errors checked.

I shall try to uncheck that and see what happens

“Allow a customer to pay the order again in case the transaction was declined”

Is what causes the problem - so sadly I have unchecked the box.

I think that the feature of allowing customers to redo orders is a good one but when an order goes through correctly payment details have to vanish - this is a serious problem.

Ah, I’m not using the pay again option because I could just imagine the confusion for my regular monthly customers who sometimes don’t pay attention to everything. :slight_smile: I have had a couple of failed orders lately and would like the pay again option but would rather stick with my current process and have the error message pop-up that indicates the order had a problem and re-enter your information. I really like that thought process because it does eliminate the multiple orders I have to manage.

I did have one customer who contacted me with the credit card info and I just processed it through the failed order on the Admin side so I could still use that order. The other customer just did her order again and I marked the first one as cancelled.

I agree that the blank credit card fields should be hidden when the order is successful, though, if you’re allowing “pay again” in your process.

[quote name=‘scase’]Ah, I’m not using the pay again option because I could just imagine the confusion for my regular monthly customers who sometimes don’t pay attention to everything. :slight_smile: I have had a couple of failed orders lately and would like the pay again option but would rather stick with my current process and have the error message pop-up that indicates the order had a problem and re-enter your information. I really like that thought process because it does eliminate the multiple orders I have to manage.

I did have one customer who contacted me with the credit card info and I just processed it through the failed order on the Admin side so I could still use that order. The other customer just did her order again and I marked the first one as cancelled.

I agree that the blank credit card fields should be hidden when the order is successful, though, if you’re allowing “pay again” in your process.[/quote]

One small problem pops up if you uncheck “pay again” now if an order is placed in an open status which we often do as we help configure order options in our craft business - then the ability to login and pay is no longer there… I may have to go back to allowing “pay again”

I love this part of your post “regular monthly customers” That has a wonderful sound to it.

One work around is to go back into the settings area and check the payments box again and make the payment then go and uncheck the box so duplicate orders do not go through.

its a problem with the box checked - duplicate orders and unchecked no ability to pay an open order…

I hope that this design error is fixed in this next version.

[quote name=‘Traveler’]I love this part of your post “regular monthly customers” That has a wonderful sound to it.[/QUOTE]

LOL! Yes, it is nice to say that although I wish it meant that I have regular nationwide customers. My “regular monthly customers” are local people who place orders for products they pick up from me every 4-5 weeks. Those products are not shipped nationwide to anyone. The “regulars” are the ones who allow my partner and I to continue our business, though, so I’m glad we have them!

Hope a fix can be found for the “pay again” feature. It’s a nice feature but just not developed fully for repeated easy use.

[quote name=‘Traveler’]One small problem pops up if you uncheck “pay again” now if an order is placed in an open status which we often do as we help configure order options in our craft business - then the ability to login and pay is no longer there… I may have to go back to allowing “pay again”

[/QUOTE]

Would it be possible to create a new order status with the appropriate repay settings for orders in the configuration stage?

Bob

My hats off to Bob,

He has come up with an elegant solution to the problem here:

[URL=“http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?p=78552#post78552”]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?p=78552#post78552[/URL]

thank you … this is much needed …

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Another improvement I would like to see on the successful order landing page is the opportunity for someone who has just checked out as a guest to create an account by supplying a username & password. After having just provided their customer information, a ‘guest’ will often figure “what the heck”, especially when you point out the benefits: order history, reward points, lower member prices, special promotions or advanced notice of general promotions.[/QUOTE]

One small detail to be added to this: please provide a separate message to be displayed in the ‘Create account’ area of the landing page so that we can pitch the benefits of registration. For instance, I would want to display:

[QUOTE]Registered customers enjoy these additional benefits: order history, reward points, lower member prices, special promotions or advanced notice of general promotions. Enter your username and password below to create your account.

[/QUOTE]

Copy / Paste.

Allow anonymous checkout customers to be able to return and create an account using 1-click after confirming their email address.

After anonymous checkout completion (processed at least) send an additional email out requesting them to become a member for .

If they come back via email (encoded upgrade account string) the account will be upgraded automatically, if the customer has previously purchased from store before using same email allow same functionality during checkout stage.

When the error msg pops up, it would be good if some corresponding field was marked in red.

On the one page checkout, it would be nice if all the sections that are usually loaded with ajax, could be open all at once to show all areas where there could be an error.

If the CC address doesn’t match, or CC expiration date is wrong, it would be good if that section was open. And that at least the red error box doesn’t go away or they won’t know what’s wrong.

Having an image for payment options next to them would make it easier for the customer as well. Right now the uploaded images don’t show next to the payment methods.

Also, (at least with paypal pro) error messages are simply “Declined by processor” for all errors rather of giving a specific error, like ‘exp/ccv/address bad’.

Currently if paypal express is selected in payment methods without having clicked it on the cart page first, if you click the ‘go back to site’ button, from paypal, it takes you to an failed order page. And if you use the back button, it creates this extra open order. I hope issues like these would be resolved.

The problem is not clear for me unfortunately :(. Could you post any screenshots here?

[quote name=‘Traveler’]Zeke,

Here is a real life example of what can happen - and does happen when you leave blank credit card fields after an order that is finished without a problem:

“…I’m sure the confusion was mostly my own fault. I did see the green box saying transaction finished, then the page showed the summary and the price, below which it showed “payment method” which was blank and had spaces for credit card info etc so I put in the credit card info again and then soon realized what I had done…”

Now I have to void a credit card transaction and pay fees 2 times - once for the extra order and once to void it.

I am losing lots of money and not happy.

Please confirm that you will fix this design error quickly.

Thank you!

[/QUOTE]