Order Edit

Anyone know how to setup or configure CS-Cart to so that an order can be placed and information stored on CS-Cart for it to be sent to the payment gateway when ready so that the order can be edited(add products, etc) and then the new total authorized and captured.

I thought that was the way cs-cart was setup or coded by it does not look like it based on all the settings that I looked at. Hope a few people know more about this than I do

Hope my question is clear.

Thanks

Place your order then go into admin>orders and select the order you want. near the top ther eis a edit order link, edit as you need then save and proceed through all teh steps till you come to the “save and process payment option”.

the it will try and connect to the payment gateway.

John

Johnbol1,

I did that already and when you do that it re-submits the new total as a new order instead changing the total on the order.

I also thought the “order edit” was setup to work the way you said and the way I tried but it does not. It just updated the info on the database but not the gateway.

It then leaves me to think that if there is a way to just save the order and information and then use a manual authorize and capture when I am ready to send it to the gateway.

Any thought or ideas Forum? Has anyone used the order edit like discribed above or need such functionality?

I use it like I described to you, are your payment methods set up correctly.

Try the demo site see what you get

JOhn

John,

Do you get it to work and just update the total and not re-submit a new order? I believe the payment gateway is setup well, just not sure if there is some other setting that I may be over-looking… like the “statuses” Can you share some of your settings…the one you can share. I am not sure if I am making myself clear or you may not be understanding my issue.

Does anyone else have any take on my issue and can offer something else.

Thanks

I think the way it works is if you have an order that is “Incompleted” and you try to edit and process later, then it will create a new order.

What you want to do is go through the steps of creating the order and at the end select “Create”, it will save the order with the status of “Open”. You can later edit the order and process it without it creating a new order.

I create my orders in the store front and then edit them as i need in the backend.

This way it doesnt create a new order it just updates the original

John

John,

When you create your order in the storefront, do you end credit card informations, etc?

Also, does it create the order as “open” If not, what status doe cs-cart put every order on site site?

Hello Tool,

Thanks for jumping into this thread. I usually create the order in the store front with a credit card, etc like a customer will and when I try to edit that order in the admin by adding products to it, which in turn changes the total, thats when I run into the issue of cs-cart creating another order…

I am getting right, that as long as the order status is “open” then I can edit the order?

If so, then its not correct as the order that I am editing has an “open” status and still not editing properly.

Hope you guys can still help me figure out whats missing.

Thanks

Have you made sure in orders/order statuses “open” the pay order again is ticked? or

checked even the invoice/credit memo section,. This may have somethig to do with it

[url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Mine is.

JOhn

Just out of curiosity, why do yall create the order in the frontend?

I am using the default config for status and whenever a customer goes through the checkout process and does not complete the payment process, the order status is “Incomplete”.

I have many options and it is quicker to order in the front.

John

Our Customer ask for the rights to edit the order or cancel it when the status is “OPEN”,why CS-CART can't give the rights to the fronted customer,everytime,i need to help to edit the order or cancel it,so many fool jobs》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

[quote name='adeo' timestamp='1305058229' post='111991']

Anyone know how to setup or configure CS-Cart to so that an order can be placed and information stored on CS-Cart for it to be sent to the payment gateway when ready so that the order can be edited(add products, etc) and then the new total authorized and captured.

I thought that was the way cs-cart was setup or coded by it does not look like it based on all the settings that I looked at. Hope a few people know more about this than I do

Hope my question is clear.

Thanks

[/quote]

[quote]Our Customer ask for the rights to edit the order or cancel it when the status is “OPEN”[/quote]

They can, all they need to do is call you or send an email requesting the order to be “cancelled”. :mellow:

Would be foolish & dangerous to give customers direct administrative access to orders already placed prior within your system! :)