Order Cancellation

As I know, customers can not cancel their orders when the order status is open. This is a big problem many online shopping sites offer their customer to cancel their recent order if the order status is open.

Also, customers should update their unshipped orders by visiting the Order Details in their Account and then clicking the Change button next to each item they wish to modify (billing address, shipping address, payment method, gift options, etc.)

Many popular websites have this option such as amazon, newegg etc.

Hello mirac,

I suggest that you should use the “RMA” add-on. This module is designed to simplify the process of managing product returns. When the module is enabled, customers can register product return requests specifying the reason for the return and providing other related information. Store administrators can then handle requested returns through a special section of the administration panel. Please follow instructions in the appropriate articles of our Knowledge base: CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1312461418' post='118842']

Hello mirac,

I suggest that you should use the “RMA” add-on. This module is designed to simplify the process of managing product returns. When the module is enabled, customers can register product return requests specifying the reason for the return and providing other related information. Store administrators can then handle requested returns through a special section of the administration panel. Please follow instructions in the appropriate articles of our Knowledge base: CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[/quote]

I believe the question not related to product return since product not yet ship and the statue is open. Thus, RMA not suitable in this case.

This sounds more like a custom thing to me. I for instance do not want my customers to change shipping/billing addresses because I perform address verification during checkout. I also don't want the customer to have full control over cancelling an order because something might be a special order where cancellations are not allowed.

Customers can go in and change their shipping and billing information now once they sign in/register.

[quote name='racingsolution' timestamp='1312517882' post='118897']

This sounds more like a custom thing to me. I for instance do not want my customers to change shipping/billing addresses because I perform address verification during checkout. I also don't want the customer to have full control over cancelling an order because something might be a special order where cancellations are not allowed.

[/quote]

I agree… I only ship items to the billing address, and refund their money if it's not possible. The risk involved is too large now.

An order is essentially a contract between buyer and seller. Any change should be negotiated/discussed before amending/modifying the contract.

[quote name='cmund' timestamp='1312540218' post='118920']

Customers can go in and change their shipping and billing information now once they sign in/register.

[/quote]

They can change the addresses in their profile, but not the orders themselves.

Thank you for your suggestions. I did some change on RMA and now I am using RMA addon for order cancellation.

For customers, It is more comfortable to place order when you know you can cancel it in an hour or order status case is open. It is a marketing strategy, it may not fit some shopping cart owners but if you are thinking about to become a real player in the marketplace you should consider this.

You can check our site

www.tabletway.com

now we webified it.

[quote name='mirac' timestamp='1313530336' post='119650']

Thank you for your suggestions. I did some change on RMA and now I am using RMA addon for order cancellation.

For customers, It is more comfortable to place order when you know you can cancel it in an hour or order status case is open. It is a marketing strategy, it may not fit some shopping cart owners but if you are thinking about to become a real player in the marketplace you should consider this.

You can check our site

www.tabletway.com

now we webified it.

[/quote]

Interesting. Do you get allot of people canceling? What is the reason usually given for cancellation? I would say we get about a dozen a month (usually because item is on backorder) but they all come via email or phone call. I think the reason amazon has that feature is because it is not always easy to get in touch with the seller. Since they have so many sellers on their site they could end up fielding way to many calls not really intended for them.

We prefer a phone call, most of the time we can sell them on another product.

[quote name=‘Slightly_Bent_Halo’ timestamp=‘1313582102’ post=‘119693’]

Interesting. Do you get allot of people canceling? What is the reason usually given for cancellation? I would say we get about a dozen a month (usually because item is on backorder) but they all come via email or phone call. I think the reason amazon has that feature is because it is not always easy to get in touch with the seller. Since they have so many sellers on their site they could end up fielding way to many calls not really intended for them.

We prefer a phone call, most of the time we can sell them on another product.

[/quote]

We did not get any cancellation for now.

It is for our customer’s comfort that’s why we put an automatic cancellation our system. We thought that It would be much easier then phone calls. However, if customers want to call us, they can call us :)

Hi there,

please check http://marketplace.cs-cart.com/add-ons/customer-experience/order-cancellation.html

this add-on might be suitable for your need.

-Regards

Himanshu Dangwal

How do you handle payment adjustments? Note that funds may have already been captured during checkout.

Dear Tbirnseth

If I am not wrong are you asking about the payment management after cancellation of order ??

If not please explain your query

Thank you

regards

Webkul

Yes, I was asking the OP about their business process and what actions were creating the issue.

It would be very valuable is customer would be able to cancel their order as long as its unpaid and not shipped. We use various off line payment methods like bank payment or COD.

Yes, I was asking the OP about their business process and what actions were creating the issue.

If our customers want to manage the above feature as you have mentioned we recommend them the CS-Cart Wallet System to manage the prepaid orders of their store and as per customer's requirements we can integrate the Wallet System with our CS-Cart Order Cancellation.

Thank you

Regards

Webkul