Order and payment complete but no client in it, is it possible?!

Here I come with another weird problem :mrgreen:

So, I had an order, with payment form my bank payment gateway, but, it has no email, no data from the client, no nothing to send it to, is this even possible?!

I’ve tried to track this client but no luck, he or she didn’t create an account and when visiting my shop was invisible, my stats reports don’t show this person. Here goes a snapshot of this order for the non believers :wink: :

Screenshot - 03_12_2010 , 10_03_39.jpg

[quote name=‘E.Qi.Librium’]Here I come with another weird problem :mrgreen:

So, I had an order, with payment form my bank payment gateway, but, it has no email, no data from the client, no nothing to send it to, is this even possible?!

I’ve tried to track this client but no luck, he or she didn’t create an account and when visiting my shop was invisible, my stats reports don’t show this person. Here goes a snapshot of this order for the non believers :wink: :[/quote]

Yes this is possible: Avast Browser running on IE6.

[URL]http://www.zytrax.com/tech/web/browser_ids.htm[/URL]

Avant Browser

A fast (they say) kinda tabbed version of MSIE. Free forever (they say).
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Avant Browser;
Avant Browser; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322;
Media Center PC 4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30) [B]Explanation:[/B]Avant Browser on MS Media Center PC (XP with SP2) and multiple .NET frameworks. String from R. Tinker - thanks.
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; FDM)
[B]Explanation:[/B]Avant Browser (MSIE 6 clone) on XP with SP2 and .NET framework. [URL="http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/"]FDM[/URL] is a free download manager. String from Suluh Legowo - thanks.
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; Avant Browser [avantbrowser.com]; Hotbar 4.4.5.0)
[B]Explanation:[/B]Avant Browser (MSIE 6 clone) on Win 2K. String from Dean Stringer - thanks.

Because Avant is essentially a ‘plug-on-top-of-this-ancient-monster-of-a-censored-browser’ it alters the urls prior to being posted (some anti-hacking tool or something) and doesn’t post the information to CS-Cart. This includes the IP address which you can see in the server logs, but not in CS.

Ooh, at least now I understand why it happened, even if I still can’t retrieve the lost information.

And I supponse there isn’t a way of stopping this behaviour…

[quote name=‘E.Qi.Librium’]Ooh, at least now I understand why it happened, even if I still can’t retrieve the lost information.

And I supponse there isn’t a way of stopping this behaviour…[/quote]

Bullets? (No there isn’t, but the best you can do is educate the customer by redirecting them based upon their user-agent. I’ve decided against this however will be considering it soon enough for our next upgrade.

Thanks Jesse :wink: