Options Improvements, Please Vote For It

Imac,

I (almost) dare not ask, but any news if this important request is going to make it into V5?

+1

very interested in this.

Colour variations on products is another area that CSC really sucks with.

+1

Many of my customers are seriously considering leaving cs-cart because of its poor implementation of product options. We have been fighting this issue for over 5 years. I wish cs-cart would finally address and fix product options. I think the developers forgot cs-cart is a shopping cart that is supposed to sell products. Instead they keep adding, in my opinion, non shopping cart related features to cs-cart. Let's fix the core shopping cart functionality first. #1 on the list, product options. #2 on the list, product search.

David

+1000

Going through same exact problem. We have SKUs for Option Combinations but when order is placed, it comes with the base SKU. Every option is a SKU and they have to be treated differently. They have to be included in Google Merchants, Orders, Reports everything.

I remember reading a roadmap.. isn't CS Cart going to adopt the Amazon methodology of having a parent/child relationship of a core product with options?

I am pretty sure this is happening in version 5. Also see http://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/42475-will-version-5-have-a-better-options-architecture/

(they tried to add it into version 4 but in the end there it was causing too much problems, so they decided to postpone it to the next full version)

+1000

Going through same exact problem. We have SKUs for Option Combinations but when order is placed, it comes with the base SKU. Every option is a SKU and they have to be treated differently. They have to be included in Google Merchants, Orders, Reports everything.

Your telling me this doenst happen now, i thought the combinations did all this now? I upgraded for this reason and now it seems they cant be used this way....Bad news as far as Im concerned.

The SKU's for Option Combinations should work. This has worked since v2 (maybe earlier)
There may be a setting you need to check before it will work,

ie ... Inventory: "Track with Options" and CheckBox "Inventory" under Editing option.

But it shouldnt allw you to setup Combinations if these are not checked....

So are you saying that O.C.'s are not working?

so basically anything we customised in 4.4.x will be worthless in v5... OH great another F** Prestashop company!

Your telling me this doenst happen now, i thought the combinations did all this now? I upgraded for this reason and now it seems they cant be used this way....Bad news as far as Im concerned.

I think this add-on might make that possible: https://www.ecom-labs.com/ready-to-use-add-ons/cs-cart-combination-prices-add-on.html

+1000

When order is placed it should use the combinations SKU otherwise it is bug.

As for Google Merchants we are working on this and soon combinations will be imported using their own SKU, image and price - it does not require breaking backward compatibility so no need to wait for v5.

I think we will release this in 4.5 (approx. February 2017).

so basically anything we customised in 4.4.x will be worthless in v5... OH great another F** Prestashop company!

If you customised correctly - using add-ons and child theme than probably some add-ons will need correction, but not all, and I hope it will be easy and smooth process. We provide Developer changes with each new release - these instructions will help to migrate your add-ons.

We've gathered a lot of feedback during release of v3 and v4 and do understand how import backward compatibility is for our clients. So I will do everything possible to get maximum effect from minimum code changes even thought it will cost us more time.

If you customised correctly - using add-ons and child theme than probably some add-ons will need correction, but not all, and I hope it will be easy and smooth process. We provide Developer changes with each new release - these instructions will help to migrate your add-ons.

We've gathered a lot of feedback during release of v3 and v4 and do understand how import backward compatibility is for our clients. So I will do everything possible to get maximum effect from minimum code changes even thought it will cost us more time.

OK -- that is somewhat reassuring at least for now :-)

Please dont make the same mistakes as Magento and Prestashop did :-)

By the way slightly off topic and related.... Do Simtech have a ready to go Odoo connector for CS Cart?

The "Track with Inventory" option is not visible/available until you click "create" or are the Shipping Options' 'Options' Tabs.. they are not visible until you click create.. It seems there are a lot of extra unneeded steps to create a product with options..

My current process:

• Click "Add Product"
  • Enter all data; photo, price, etc (option combinations not visible yet)
  • Click "Create" (now other tabs are visible; shippings, options, etc)
  • Click into Options tab
  • Add Options
  • Go back to General Tab
  • Change to Track With Options
  • Click Save
  • Scroll back to Inventory section and click Edit
  • Click Add combination or rebuild Combination
  • Enter inventory amounts for each combination
  • Click Save
  • Then Click Back button..? Or return arrow..? I am confused how to back to main product details.
  • Once back on main product details, Click Save
  • Now the product is live on the storefront.

Is this the easiest and fastest way to create a product with options and enter the inventory? It seems like it must be a more simple way..

Is there a more simple process?

My two cents,

We are heavily invested in the current scheme. For example we are a manufacture so inventory is not a problem for us.

1 product ------

8 different shapes

5 different holes sizes

80 different plate sizes. The plate size need weight for shipping This is where pricing comes into play

That is a total of 3,200 possible combinations. Please don't make us enter each possible combination.

Mark

Yes it becomes time consuming to create all the possible combinations when a product has many option.

If a unique SKU is needed for each combo it can become impossible. No one has the time to enter just 100, let alone 3200 different SKU's.

Suggestion:

Perhaps an "SKU builder" would be good. Each variant having its own "sku nibble" that's added/appended in sequence to the previous options sku nibble. This would be overridden by any Option Combination that has a non-blank SKU field.

For example: LMR400 Coax cable (we would use this)

Base SKU: "LMR400"

Options:

Length: 10m SKU nibble: "10M0

Connector 1: FME male SKU nibble: "FMEM"

Connector 2: SMA male SKU nibble: "SMAM"

The SKU Builder would generate the SKU: "LMR400-10M0-FMEM-SMAM

If the nibble is blank, nothing is appended.

This way it would be easy to arrange the SKU's any way you want. base, appended or per combo.

Or in cakethings example: If the customer purchases: (making it up as I go along)

Product: Plate - Base SKU: PLT

Options:

Size. - Large - SKU nibble: L

Shape: Round - SKU nibble: RND

Holes size: 8mm - SKU nibble: 8MM

Thus the assembled SKU could be PLT-L-RND-8MM

The only downside I can see to this is when the manufacturers SKU has no relation to the products characteristics.

In that case the only way is to use the Option Combination..

I thought option combinations are now importable since V4

Yes I see that is true. I could possibly spend a week or so designing a speadsheet to create the option combo's and then import.

However, I cant see any reason why my "SKU builder" suggestion would be anything but a great improvement, and it would not need to interfere with the current functionality. Hope CSC include this in the "Option Combinations Update".