Options Improvements, Please Vote For It

ok, thanks for quick reply.

Really hope the final product is a single Product table.. :grin:

Good luck with the project

+1

+1

Can not share any news right now, except that this task is in progress.
Right now we are working on technical aspect of this task, i.e. if it possible to implement this without refactoring CS-Cart completly and is there a chance we can have a backward compatibility.

I was wondering how upgrading current installs of cs cart would work with this new product variants implementation? Hopefully you guys can figure out a good way for a smooth transition. Looking forward to seeing how it works.

I purchased an addon that provides table options and since implementing and doing some tests orders have definatley increased and decreased when I turned it off.

Table of options is best as far as Im concerned for those using just 2 options, (sure others could be used with dropdowns etc)

Our sales would definitely go up if we had the functionality to let customers order multiple product options from the same product page.

I was wondering how upgrading current installs of cs cart would work with this new product variants implementation? Hopefully you guys can figure out a good way for a smooth transition. Looking forward to seeing how it works.

Thats what we are investigating right now.
My Goal is to implement this feature as addition to current functionality so you just upgrade to a newer version and changes change old options to new in the Settings.
This is how we are going to release Email notifications & Invoice editor.
The major point here is to allow people with 3rd add-ons to upgrade.

That's because we promised to developers we would provide backward compatibility for a long time.

It would be really great if there would be a migration tool so we do not have to manually edit, delete and recreate thousands of option variants and all their details.

Please also change the way order reports handle option variants.
Currently the reports are not useful because these do not display which variants are sold most.
So ‘top 10 products’ means nothing. A top product may be 25 different variants and in reality not be a top product at all.

Please also change the way order reports handle option variants.
Currently the reports are not useful because these do not display which variants are sold most.
So 'top 10 products' means nothing. A top product may be 25 different variants and in reality not be a top product at all.

Order report changes won't be include in first release for sure.
First of all we should deal with core functions and interfaces.

That’s understandable. Please consider to fix reports for the release after it.

Can not share any news right now, except that this task is in progress.
Right now we are working on technical aspect of this task, i.e. if it possible to implement this without refactoring CS-Cart completly and is there a chance we can have a backward compatibility.

Hi Imac,

It's now 3 months later, are you able to share any news on this development?

Thanks in advance

Hi Imac,

It's now 3 months later, are you able to share any news on this development?

Thanks in advance

Hi Olof,

I'm sorry to say, but recently we decided to freeze this project.

The main problem is that we can not integrate this feature into CS-Cart 4.4.1.

This improvement requires a lot of refactoring in core files which will brake backward compatibility.

We did try to implement these changes into current codebase but there appears to be too many dirty hacks which will lead to product bugs and instability.

The only possibility we will include this into v5.

:(

Hi Olof,

I'm sorry to say, but recently we decided to freeze this project.

The main problem is that we can not integrate this feature into CS-Cart 4.4.1.

This improvement requires a lot of refactoring in core files which will brake backward compatibility.

We did try to implement these changes into current codebase but there appears to be too many dirty hacks which will lead to product bugs and instability.

Hi Imac,

That is indeed bad news! :-( :-(

It does not come as a complete surprise, however. Combining such a major architectural change with backward compatibility was always going to be very, very tough.

And it makes me worried that you will never be able to implement this important change.

:-(

And for me, I don´t care about backward compatibility. This feature is so important that starting again from scratch would be well worth it.

Oh no. .. One main reason for me updating my license/support was the knowledge that this would be happening.

So Ill need to wait for v5 before moving forward with cs-cart now. Happy to start from a new non-backwards-compatible version as long as I know it is actually going to happen, and have some sort of ETA to plan to. I don't want to have to update too many addons when the time comes.

I don't care so much about backwards compatibility, but there should be something like an importer so that we can convert the old system to the new system. Would that be possible?

Hi Imac,

Are you able to confirm that you will include it V5?

It is really an important feature!

Hi Imac,

Are you able to confirm that you will include it V5?

It is really an important feature!

Olof,

Can not confirm it now. The point is that I will able to confirm when we will start working on it, but right now we are focused on v4.4.1

I do plan this feature and our team understands the importance of this.

Olof,

Can not confirm it now. The point is that I will able to confirm when we will start working on it, but right now we are focused on v4.4.1

I do plan this feature and our team understands the importance of this.

I think this will put CS in a very very strong position in the market place when introduced and promoted

What can we expect in V4.4.1 ??