Options Help - Trying to Add Hyperlink next to Options

Is there a way to add a hyperlink below a global option on a product.

For example we are selling chairs with hundreds of different seat vinyl and fabric options. If I added a variant for each option the list of pictures would be too much.

What I’d like to do is put a hyperlink under or next to a global option and have a popup of the charts and have the customer select from the dropdown the color/fabric.

Please visit [url]http://www.seatingconnection.com/wood-seating/mikey-tall-bar-beachwood-bar-stools.html[/url]

The way I have it now will work but would like to have a hyperlink where it says “Color Chart Under Product Picture” to the charts pictured to the left.

Thanks in advance for your time!

don’t know why you need to do that.

I like the normal thumbnail idea better and from that example you’d have about 40 thumbnails not hundreds.

Thumbnails can also be made larger if you want a better images and if some products are different prices that can be calculated in using the options as well.

I have 100 alternatives in 1 of my option and it work fine.

Thank you for your reply.

The problem I’m having is we have 3 vinyl grade options (about 40 in each) and 6 different fabric options (about 40 in each).

If I setup the variants with photos it will be too long. What I have listed is only an example.

[url]http://www.seatingconnection.com/wood-seating/mikey-tall-bar-beachwood-bar-stools.html[/url]

Is there a way when someone chooses an option from the drop down only the variant picture for that option displays below the option instead of having all of them listed below the option?

Another issue is if someone chooses a vinyl seat option and doesn’t choose a Fabric seat option when they checkout it will have the default fabric option selected along with the vinyl seat option.

Is there a way that if someone chooses a vinyl seat option it will comment out the fabric seat option?

The flow is that the customer can choose:

1. The wood frame color (Drop Down)

Would like to have just the selected variant picture below this option

2. Vinyl Seat Options (Drop Down)

Only the selected vinyl seat variant picture below

3. Fabric Seat Option (Drop Down)

Only the selected vinyl seat variant picture below

The tricky (for me) part is that if someone chooses the vinyl seat option they cannot have a fabric seat option as well.

Sorry for all the questions and I look forward to your reply!

As far as I can see, what you need to do is to set up another option, i.e. option 1 is the type of wood, option 2 is the type of covering (i.e. vinyl OR fabric) then your third option is all the colours for the vinyl or all the types of fabric. You then rebuild your combinations and use the exclusions to exclude all the combinations that are not available, such as “fabric super white”.

I know there will be a lot of work setting this up initially but I presume you offer the same combinations on other types of furniture so you could set the options up as “global options” and then you can apply them to the relevant items.

You could also include an image of the covering to appear when that option is chosen.

A quicker way is to only have the two options - type of wood and type of covering. You then set up the covering options as:

Vinyl Super White

Vinyl Pearl

Vinyl Ivory

Fabric Coventry Provence

Fabric Lancaster Provence

That way you would have no exclusions.

I hope this helps.

i think doing this will be difficult and time consuming (and perhaps not even possible) as you can put exceptions in globals option but i found it hard.

My solution to working within the system (but I’ve only been using cscart for a month)is to use categories to whittle down the choices. ie cat chair, sub cat cherry, walnut, mahogany Etc. subcategory to them would be fabric and vinly. etc.

The other thing with options is they allow adding but if you have options that have % or pounds i found the number never came out right once people started to select various options.

hopefully my site might give you a idea what i mean and by using importing csv under adim most can be done on a spreadsheet and loaded up where option only upload names not settings for variants. [URL=“Loading...”]Loading... and look under diy vinyl sign.

[quote name=‘Lyn’]As far as I can see, what you need to do is to set up another option, i.e. option 1 is the type of wood, option 2 is the type of covering (i.e. vinyl OR fabric) then your third option is all the colours for the vinyl or all the types of fabric. You then rebuild your combinations and use the exclusions to exclude all the combinations that are not available, such as “fabric super white”.

I know there will be a lot of work setting this up initially but I presume you offer the same combinations on other types of furniture so you could set the options up as “global options” and then you can apply them to the relevant items.

You could also include an image of the covering to appear when that option is chosen.

A quicker way is to only have the two options - type of wood and type of covering. You then set up the covering options as:

Vinyl Super White

Vinyl Pearl

Vinyl Ivory

Fabric Coventry Provence

Fabric Lancaster Provence

I hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

I hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your reply! Great ideas! I think it’s going to work.

Sorry another question: You mention that I could include an image to display when the option is chosen. Is there a way to have that image appear right under the option (trying not to have a huge list of icons display) or does it have to appear in the area where the product picture is?

Thank you in advance for your time. I truly appreciate it!

PS this is an example of a competitors site and the layout/functionality I was going for: [url]http://www.elegantbarstools.com/prodview3.asp?id=125-A[/url]

I don’t use version 2 but I think the way the options work is similar to 1.3.5. I have a couple of products that come in different colours. As I didn’t have a picture of the item in the different colour, I just put an image of the item with a small square of the different colours it comes in in the corner of the image.

When you rebuild the options, you can then put a different image in for each option. With version 1.3.5 this does take the place of the main image, which is why I used the main image with just a smaller sample in the corner of the different colours.

I have had a look at your competitor’s site but I can’t think of any way to do this with CS-Cart.

Have you thought about asking CS-Cart how much they would charge to implement this for you? There may be other people on the forum who may be able to use the mod and may share the cost with you.

Good luck. Sorry I haven’t been able to be of more help.

I contacted CS cart and they will tweak the code for a very reasonable price. Thanks for all the help!!

[quote name=‘telesys7’]I contacted CS cart and they will tweak the code for a very reasonable price. Thanks for all the help!![/QUOTE]

How do you made it the the other dropdowns are stopped to choice if the first not changed? [url]http://www.seatingconnection.com/wood-seating/mikey-tall-bar-beachwood-bar-stools.html[/url]

Under Options build the Option Combinations then click on exceptions. Here you can set exceptions.

Sorry for the basic explanation but I’m learning as I go :?

[quote name=‘telesys7’]Under Options build the Option Combinations then click on exceptions. Here you can set exceptions.

Sorry for the basic explanation but I’m learning as I go :?[/QUOTE]

Hello thanks Tele,

normally i have know that, but in 2.0.10 was a bug witgh it and i cant made it with this version. Now it works in 2.0.12

thanks!