Option to order sample product which is different price than regular

I'm working on a site which has products that come 10 items per box, and are $10.99 per item. I set a minimum order quantity of 10 when creating the product.

Customers need to have an option to order a sample 1 single item at $15.99. They must only be able to order a sample or a box. I tried using the forbidden combination but there seemed to always be a way for the customer to mess up their own order. Such as if they selected a box and set a qty of say 15 then changed their mind and opted to order a sample the box qty never reverted back to None in the drop down of the option.

I'm looking for some ideas on how to configure cs-cart to let a user choose a sample which would clear their box items and restrict them to only one or the other without them messing up their order if they change their mind.

Thanks

Item Description = Acme Widget

SKU = AW1, Price = $15.99

Option = Box of 10, SKU = AW10, Price = $109.90

What type of option are you suggesting? If someone selects a box of 10 the modifier $109.90 is added to the original price of $15.99

[quote name='Struck' timestamp='1324433827' post='128175']

Item Description = Acme Widget

SKU = AW1, Price = $15.99

Option = Box of 10, SKU = AW10, Price = $109.90

[/quote]

this is a old post,but still need help ,thank you.

he means something like this but by using option combinations and giving each option a different SKU

select the options and price will drop.

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1365852545' post='159929']

he means something like this but by using option combinations and giving each option a different SKU

select the options and price will drop.

[/quote]

thank you John.

I ever see a demo with a button of “by sample”,when you press this button,1pc of product will be added to your shopping cart,with sample price.Otherwise, you will need to buy with MOQ at wholesale price. Indeed in need this one.Thank you