Opinions and few niggley problems!

Well I’m nearly ready to launch now, and thanks to the very good and friendly help on here managed to sort quite a few of the niggles out!

I’d like to know people’s thoughts and see if you guys have any problems loading up in different browsers etc? (tried it in a few but you never know)

Address is below to the closed store (can’t open until I have all the niggles sorted). It has the mod written by Joe incorporated, allowing the first level of categories to be used as a dropdown, and the subcategories in the next block…

[url]http://www.sienperformance.com/index.php?store_access_key=123[/url]

I do have a few little niggles left:

1. I can’t send emails yet: CS Cart are looking into how to use Google Apps mail (gmail with your domain) for sending out mail… doesn’t seem to work
  2. The block on the left, LIVEChat, won’t centre align! Annoying, whereas the rest do (anyone?)
  3. Can the option for Newsletter blocks ‘Plain Text / HTML’ format be changed to have HTML as the default? (or just not in there at all?)

Thanks!

For problem 1, have you tried to use “via php mail function” in admin setting?

[quote name=‘joe’]For problem 1, have you tried to use “via php mail function” in admin setting?[/QUOTE]

Yep, tried all them and several other accounts just to make sure. Seems nobody can from the searches I’ve done on here. Only alternative, if I can’t get it to work, is moving my mail server back to my host which I really don’t want to do.

(Thanks for fixing number 2 though Joe! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: )

Nice skin. Clean, web 2.0. ^^

Lots of nice banners, a plus on the visual side.

I notice your author still list cs-cart.company.

Maybe you wish to change it to your company name?

As for browser wise, viewing it on Opera 10, no problems. ^^

You can use browershots.org to test the look of your site on various browsers.

Did you do the skinning/banners yourself or hire someone else to do it? ^^

I did the graphics and the CS Cart team programmed it in.

Thanks for noticing the meta data, will be changing that asap!

Did a test on that browser site, most came up fine and when asked the CS Cart team told me that they promise it only to display correctly in a small group of browsers, which I guess are the most common, so OK with that now.

Actually, where would I change the ‘author’ in the meta data? It’s not within the admin area… (store still closed so don’t have index.html yet, or should I just wait for until it’s open and change it there?)

Adding it to the meta.tpl should work but doesn’t seem to

Yeap, as roban said, edit at the meta.tpl file.

You need to refresh template cache (“yourdomain.com”) to regenerate the template cache to reflect the changes. ^^

hmm, you can also use [url]Validation Results - W3C Markup Validator to check your HTML validation.

It’s mainly minor issues normally, but if you are the designer, maybe you are more particular… ^^

For your site, there seems to be Result: 12 Errors, 2 warning(s)

Yep clearing the cache works.

[quote name=‘roban’]Adding it to the meta.tpl should work but doesn’t seem to

[/QUOTE]

Aha, I’ll give that a whirl, cheers!

[quote name=‘nodame’]Yeap, as roban said, edit at the meta.tpl file.

You need to refresh template cache (“yourdomain.com”) to regenerate the template cache to reflect the changes. ^^

hmm, you can also use [url]Validation Results - W3C Markup Validator to check your HTML validation.

It’s mainly minor issues normally, but if you are the designer, maybe you are more particular… ^^

For your site, there seems to be Result: 12 Errors, 2 warning(s)[/QUOTE]

Great one, I’ll check those out. You’d think they would have cleaned that up themselves, some basic errors in there.

By the way, for anyone trying to get Gmails GOOGLE APPS email to work:

I contacted CS cart team and there is a problem with using it.

So I purchased a cheap $10 domain (just threw in ‘email-’ at the beginning of my current domain) through my site host to speed up the process. Set that up with ‘via SMTP’ and it works. It seems to mask where the email comes from, so end users see whatever details you put into the admin area bit.