Open orders do not work with pay again

I have noticed that with “pay again” not enabled open orders cannot be paid with a credit card by a customer.

If I do enable open “pay again” then I get duplicate orders when customers see the blank credit card fields after a transaction is completed = this is very expensive in terms of credit card fees for the duplicate order and to void

One work around is to go back into the settings area and check the payments box again and make the payment then go and uncheck the box so duplicate orders do not go through.

its a problem with the box checked - duplicate orders and unchecked no ability to pay an open order…

Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Make sure you have the repay option on the ‘Processed’ status unchecked - this should prevent the card details area from appearing on orders which already have card approval. Then you should be able to have repay checked on open orders so that customers can enter their card info again.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Make sure you have the repay option on the ‘Processed’ status unchecked - this should prevent the card details area from appearing on orders which already have card approval. Then you should be able to have repay checked on open orders so that customers can enter their card info again.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Bob,

You are a genius - I take my hat off to you sir.

Your method works and is easy to do - that is the type of solution that works best.

Thanks again!

I am a very happy camper now if you had not noticed. I shall take my two small kids out when they get home from nursery school for ice cream to celebrate.

Glad this works for you. I am still looking forward to getting a proper ‘Successful order’ landing page - this should also improve things considerably and also allow us one last chance to encourage the customer to register.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Glad this works for you. I am still looking forward to getting a proper ‘Successful order’ landing page - this should also improve things considerably and also allow us one last chance to encourage the customer to register.

Bob[/quote]

Yes, I agree with you the more we can do to clearly communicate with customers the better.

A proper ‘Successful order’ landing page is a must along with the ability to easily edit it.

As for registering my situation is a bit different in that because we are a custom craft business with (hopefully) reorders, we require customers to register to make an order - but not to shop. The reason for this is so we do not waste time gathering measurements for each order.

The checkout process is very important and I look forward to a smooth running site.

So basically,

1. Failed = Repay Checked
  2. Open = Repay Checked
  3. Processing = Repay Unchecked

I have been having issues with the regular paypal IPN. It sucks that CS-Cart creates an order when the user clicks PLACE ORDER when using paypal. It should wait to create the order when the IPN responds from Paypal. I get a ton of Open orders with Paypal. Very annoying/confusing issue for my customers. Presta’s Paypal IPN did not do this. The order would generate only from the response of the Paypal return message. Fail/Success

[quote name=‘Ion_Cannon’]So basically,

2. Open = Repay Checked
  3. Processing = Repay Unchecked[/QUOTE]

That’s correct.

It seems that the issue with Paypal might be addressed with the changes suggested in the Order Placement thread in the Roadmap forum:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=16180[/url]

You might ask zeke to clarify specifically what happens with a Paypal order.

Bob

[quote name=‘Ion_Cannon’]So basically,

2. Open = Repay Checked
  3. Processing = Repay Unchecked

I have been having issues with the regular paypal IPN. It sucks that CS-Cart creates an order when the user clicks PLACE ORDER when using paypal. It should wait to create the order when the IPN responds from Paypal. I get a ton of Open orders with Paypal. Very annoying/confusing issue for my customers. Presta’s Paypal IPN did not do this. The order would generate only from the response of the Paypal return message. Fail/Success[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you. I believe I’ve raised this issue a long time ago where there are a lot of open orders with paypal after customers decided not to complete the order after being redirected to Paypal payment page. But it was ignore and buried somewhere I think.

Now I ease the situation slightly by putting in some code to ensure that each customer cannot have > 2 open orders at any time (if they try to create new orders, then they will be informed that they have to complete payment for their open orders, or else inform us to cancel those orders) and also to prevent customers from placing consecutive orders within a span of about 5 mins (as this means a very high probability of duplicate orders) .

But still I can’t prevent orders from being created from customers who leave and not return after being redirected to Paypal.

[quote name=‘nodame’]I totally agree with you. I believe I’ve raised this issue a long time ago where there are a lot of open orders with paypal after customers decided not to complete the order after being redirected to Paypal payment page. But it was ignore and buried somewhere I think.

Now I ease the situation slightly by putting in some code to ensure that each customer cannot have > 2 open orders at any time (if they try to create new orders, then they will be informed that they have to complete payment for their open orders, or else inform us to cancel those orders) and also to prevent customers from placing consecutive orders within a span of about 5 mins (as this means a very high probability of duplicate orders) .

But still I can’t prevent orders from being created from customers who leave and not return after being redirected to Paypal.[/QUOTE]

Very Interesting!

My questions are:

Does Paypal Pro - (which I think does not leave the shopping cart) have any CS cart problems or is it bug free?

What about PayPal standard amd Express is that what has the abandoned acrt problem?

And what part of the problem is a PayPal problem vs a CS cart problem?

I like keeping PayPal around as an alternative to my innovative merchant account/gateway.

Ion,

[QUOTE]I have been having issues with the regular paypal IPN.[/QUOTE]

Unless something has very recently changed, IPN should be disabled through your Paypal account settings as it is not supported by CS-Cart. This may be multiplying problems for you with Paypal Standard payment transactions.

Is there a reason you are using Paypal Standard rather than the Paypal Express Payments method?