Open Field Add On Question

First time caller, short time listener.

This seems like a no brainer. We’re just not sure how to do it. There has to be a solution for this, right?

Reference: [How it’s shown] and/or [Open Field?] screenshots.

Issue: We need color options. We use Benjamin Moore. Benjamin Moore (the paint company) has thousand of colors. We have no intention of entering all of them. We need a way to allow our customers to enter a little text into a field.

What we need to accomplish: If the customer wants a color (other than black or white), we need to offer an open field to receive their note, so we can see the paint color on the order report and fulfill the order accordingly.

Please advise.

[attachment=7617:Open Field.png]

[attachment=7618:How it’s shown.png]

Open Field.png

How it’s shown.png

Hello tonynyc!

You can do it the following way by using the standard CS-Cart functionality:

1. Go to product options in the admin back-end. Create the color option with the variants White, Black and Custom [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Benjamin Moore (or Custom [/font][/color]color) with a price modifier, like on your first screenshot. Make this option required (click the Required checkbox in the Option General tab).
  2. Create the second option and name it like Your custom color (or Enter your custom color) or whatever. Choose Text from the Type selectbox. Write a comment for this option in the Comment field so that customers knew when to use this option.
  3. Don't forget to save changes and check the result in the storefront.

Best regards, Alt-team

Any recommendations on how to dynamically link the text field to the color option? For example, only display the text field when the corresponding color option has been selected?

Thank you for the reply A-team. I'm with Chris Hansen though. Dynamic linking is where it's at! Do we have a solution for this? If not, I'll make your solution work.

BTW, I meant to inform that I'm using CS-Cart 3.x.

[quote name=‘tonynyc’ timestamp=‘1390928818’ post=‘176205’] I’m with Chris Hansen though[/quote]

LOL! Although, Chris Hansen anchors Dateline. Barbara Walters would be the better punchline. :grin:

That's what I get for trying to be witty. I'm still gonna have to ask you to take a seat over there.

I'm going full steam ahead with the suggestion. Thanks for the support gentlemen.

[quote name='2020' timestamp='1390909150' post='176178']

Any recommendations on how to dynamically link the text field to the color option? For example, only display the text field when the corresponding color option has been selected?

[/quote]

Options combinations with sequential options.

So if paint colour RED comes in size b & c

And paint colour BLUE comes in size C&D then only b & c will show for size when Red is selected.

[url=“CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation”]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Thanks for the reference, John. My impression is that forbidden combinations don't work for text options for whatever reason. Compare the two screenshots here.

[attachment=7619:Options.png]

[attachment=7620:New Combination.png]

Am I missing something?

Options.png

New Combination.png

I see, you want the customer to type in themselves the benjamin moore colour. So best way probably is as Alt Team says, use the text field option and fill it with an inner hint telling them how-what to enter in it.

Sorry I mis understood.

You perhaps could use the ? popup section to be filled in with .html link showing them all colours available in the Benjamin Moore range

John