Online Shop with domain for sale

SORRY, but didn`t realized we are stuck forever, even your business is out of business.

According to license policy (https://www.cs-cart.com/license.html), it is not allowed to assign, sublicense, transfer, pledge, lease, rent, or share the rights for the software and thus it is not allowed to purchase the license from another CS-Cart user unless he/she is a reseller.

iishop.jpg

Deleted not important message

I think it is stupid when somebody cant sell his own lisence… many other script producers allow this too… but it is only my meaning…

You don’t buy the license, you only rent it. It is not yours to sell.

In the USA, we call this a “Non-Transferable License” you own it, you simply cannot sell or transfer it to another party. :wink:

[quote name=‘TexasGuy’]You don’t buy the license, you only rent it. It is not yours to sell.[/QUOTE]

Sure i buy it, read on cs-cart homepage “BUY NOW”

also i buy it :wink:

[quote name=‘Triplex’]Sure i buy it, read on cs-cart homepage “BUY NOW”

also i buy it ;-)[/QUOTE]

I was going along the movie Bedazzled (2000):

• You can’t sell your soul, anyway. Doesn’t really belong to you in the first place. No way, no how.

So how would you sell your web business if you are using cs cart?

I am thankful for all of the help I have received from this forum, because if I were to judge my cs cart experience based on just help desk response and attitude, I would have been done with this cart a long time ago. Thanks again for all your help, but I think I will continue looking for a better cart solution.

What would be the best way to transfer MY CART to another one?

Thanks in advance,

Dean

[url]http://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/[/url]

[quote name=‘red280z’]So how would you sell your web business if you are using cs cart?

I am thankful for all of the help I have received from this forum, because if I were to judge my cs cart experience based on just help desk response and attitude, I would have been done with this cart a long time ago. Thanks again for all your help, but I think I will continue looking for a better cart solution.

What would be the best way to transfer MY CART to another one?

Thanks in advance,

Dean[/quote]

If you sell your business wouldn’t the buyer simply buy a license and then transfer the license number to your cart - problem solved?

Also you could have a corporation own the license and then sell the corporation - problem solved.

Or simply talk to CS cart and get permission?

IMHO, the license is assigned to a domain. if the domain is sold then the license simply moves with it. There is no cross-reference to the owner of a domain and the owner (purchaser) of a license.

I resell cs-cart. I own the licenses I sell unless I contact cs-cart and tell them that I’m giving the license back to them and give them the contact info for the purchaser.

Just sell your store and note in the contract that the status of the cart license is not certain and that there may be an additional fee of $289 for transfer of the license.