One Step Checkout - Deliver To, By Postcode For Shipping Methods Not Working?

So we are finally updating to a point where the old style chekcout is no longer avaialble. :-(

So trying to get this one step setup working as expected with us going by postcodes here in the UK to offer relevant shipping options.

I disabled the address block and moved the postcode and address fields to the top deliver to block, but this doensn't seemt to be functioning as expected changing the postcode.

Any ideas please or is CS Cart just slightly broken now in the checkout without third party mods?

So we are finally updating to a point where the old style chekcout is no longer avaialble. :-(

So trying to get this one step setup working as expected with us going by postcodes here in the UK to offer relevant shipping options.

I disabled the address block and moved the postcode and address fields to the top deliver to block, but this doensn't seemt to be functioning as expected changing the postcode.

Any ideas please or is CS Cart just slightly broken now in the checkout without third party mods?

Hi!

Could you please clarify what do you mean:

doensn't seemt to be functioning as expected changing the postcode

Thanks.

what do you mean not working, I too use UK post codes but havent moved over yet fully.

Hvae you set the post codes ok in the rate areas

1 Like

"Unfortunately shipping calculates based on Country, City or State/province field by default, so as a solution I recommend to add State/province field."

So although we have methods setup to go by postcode as worked with the multi step checkout, these now no longer work!?!

"Unfortunately shipping calculates based on Country, City or State/province field by default, so as a solution I recommend to add State/province field."

So although we have methods setup to go by postcode as worked with the multi step checkout, these now no longer work!?!

Shipping rates in manual shipping methods are set up based on the Rate Areas, which can be set up based on Zip/Postal Codes. So I am afraid, but this information is incorrect.

Firstly you create rate areas with dependency on zip/postal codes and then you set up rates for this rate areas in your shipping method.

Hope it helps.

1 Like

We already have rate areas setup with zip codes working in multistep checkout. In one step it does not want to use the postcode or are there instructions to make this work please?

We already have rate areas setup with zip codes working in multistep checkout. In one step it does not want to use the postcode or are there instructions to make this work please?

Could you please clarify with additional details, what do you mean by:

In one step it does not want to use the postcode

Thanks.

Hi there.

We have an issue that might be related to this?

We are using manual shipping with postcodes for the rate areas.

Some of our postcodes have leading zeros, e.g. 0632

When the customer postcode is 7001, this will work
Zip/Postal codes

When the customer postcode is 0632, this doesn’t work
Zip/Postal codes

“Sorry, it seems that we have no shipping options available for your location.”

We can’t wildcard the zero because ?632 includes postcodes for opposite regions.

Any ideas how to fix the leading zero problem?

• CS-Cartv4.16.2

I saw your ticket on this issue in Help Desk today.

So the problem was in an additional rating area that only has that zip code and there were no rates set up for that rate area in the shipping method used.

I checked and you’re right it was an additional rating area causing the problem.

It just so happened I was testing with a leading zero postcode, so I thought that must be the issue!

Thanks very much for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 12 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.