One price shipping on one productof any quantity

I am having a hell of a time trying to get the cart to do this:

My cart has many different products

One product I have is stickers and they cost $3 each

You can put any number of stickers in a single document envelop

The shipping cost for the envelop is $1.65

I am trying to set up the product so that the customer gets charged only $1.65 for no matter how many of the stickers they purchase.

Any suggestions - thanks!

I think the only way to do this is using the Suppliers add-on. You could create a flat-rate shipping method for the sticker ‘supplier’. Assign your other products to a different supplier with separate shipping method(s).

Bob

Thanks Jobo

Your suggestion is working however if a customer orders a normal product and some stickers I get a:

“Unfortunately no shipping options are available for your location.

Please contact us and we will see about delivering to you.”

If the stickers are ordered on their own or normal products are ordered on their own the shipping works ok

Must be some little thing that I have missed

I haven’t quite figured this out either but I have a similar issue. I have multiple drop shippers with fixed shipping rates for their products, another drop shipper with a calculated fedex ground rate based up zipcode, and free shipping for a product that is an “event” people would attend. When you mix these all up in the cart I get that same error message “no shipping options are available”.

I need a specific shipping method tied directly to product(s). If I end up having multiple shipping types based upon the items in the cart, total it up for the user.

[quote name=‘bitmanx63’]

I need a specific shipping method tied directly to product(s). If I end up having multiple shipping types based upon the items in the cart, total it up for the user.[/QUOTE]

I have been requesting the ability to bind products to shipping methods since before I purchased the cart. I am still waiting.

Bob

[quote name=‘ibaker’]Your suggestion is working however if a customer orders a normal product and some stickers I get a:

“Unfortunately no shipping options are available for your location.

Please contact us and we will see about delivering to you.”

If the stickers are ordered on their own or normal products are ordered on their own the shipping works ok

Must be some little thing that I have missed[/QUOTE]

This is from memory so it may not be exactly right. You have two options:

1. In the Suppliers add-on settings, check “Multiple shipping method selectboxes” which will allow the customer to choose a shipping method for each supplier;
  2. Name the shipping methods the same (e.g., both UPS Ground). As I recall, this then combines the shipping charges from the various suppliers into a single charge.

Bob

Thanks Jobo

I will try the first option you have mentioned - the 2nd one may not be practical as I use many different types of shipping so I guess I would have to create duplicates for each one them - thanks again!