Notice box display time

Hello, I have set the following “Notice displaying time (to turn off the autohide function enter 0)” to 0 yet the notice box disappears after 5 seconds. Does this checkbox control the notice that is in the top right of the screen or does it control something else? Is there anyway to manually turn off the auto-hide of the text notice box??

thanks guys.

I know that setting affects the product notification popup but am not sure about the other notifications. It looks like the code responsible for the notifications is in /js/core.js and is specific to product notifications:

// Process notifications
$('.cm-auto-hide').each(function() {
var id = $(this).attr('id').str_replace('notification_', ''); // FIXME: not good
[B][COLOR="Red"]if ($(this).hasClass('product-notification-container') && typeof(notice_displaying_time) != 'undefined') {
jQuery.closeNotification(id, true, false, notice_displaying_time * 1000);[/COLOR][/B]
} else {
jQuery.closeNotification(id, true);
}
});

Bob

Yeah I was looking through the core.js and found the below code. By changing the 5000 to 50000 it significantly increases the time the notification message is on the screen. I think it is important for customers to see the messages that pop up. Not all my customers are going to be computer savvy enough to see the message in the top right, so I also centered it more and with this fix I am pretty sure they will see it.

My web site testers immediately thought the notification pop-ups were not only in a bad spot but they also disappear too fast for the average user. So hopefully this will help some others out there.

```php // Close notification message

closeNotification: function(key, delayed, no_fade, delay)

{

var DELAY = typeof(delay) == ‘undefined’ ? 5000 : delay;

if (delayed == true) {

if (DELAY != 0) {

setTimeout(function(){

jQuery.closeNotification(key);

}, DELAY);

}

return true;

}

```

And how to completely disable it? I disabled the AJAX check boxes but I still get this popup window.

just out of interest - why do you want to lengthen or shorten the display time? personally i think it’s great as is!

[quote name=‘Ion_Cannon’]Yeah I was looking through the core.js and found the below code. By changing the 5000 to 50000 it significantly increases the time the notification message is on the screen. I think it is important for customers to see the messages that pop up. Not all my customers are going to be computer savvy enough to see the message in the top right, so I also centered it more and with this fix I am pretty sure they will see it.

My web site testers immediately thought the notification pop-ups were not only in a bad spot but they also disappear too fast for the average user. So hopefully this will help some others out there.

```php // Close notification message

closeNotification: function(key, delayed, no_fade, delay)

{

var DELAY = typeof(delay) == ‘undefined’ ? 5000 : delay;

if (delayed == true) {

if (DELAY != 0) {

setTimeout(function(){

jQuery.closeNotification(key);

}, DELAY);

}

return true;

}

```[/QUOTE]

Please , can you tell me how you centered the message? I want it to be right in the center of the screen so the customer doesn’t miss it.I already lengthened the time to 10000.

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=15625[/url]

thanks, i had already found that post and did as advised there but it works foronly some notifications,not all.

the last comment by user dialdin is very much what I ask too, I copy it here:

Works GREAT for some of the notifications… but not all. Does anyone know where the CODE is that controls the other notifications? For example, when a user has to request their password, that sent notification still appears in the upper right corner; any idea where that style sheet is?

I would love to know how to do this too. I want to display the popup in the centre and for longer

[quote name=‘haroons’]I would love to know how to do this too. I want to display the popup in the centre and for longer[/QUOTE]

.cm-notification-container in style.base.css

set

left: 50%;

margin-left: -125px;

Thank’s a lot, for the first time I was able to center the “damn” pop up (about a year latter)!!