Not Add Categories From New Product

when i am Add Categories from New Product then show following error:

“Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/tareq236/public_html/var/compiled/admin/%%E4^E42^E4252AD1%%mainbox.tpl.php on line 41”

Hello Tareq236,

The problem requires the investigation on your server. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide us with a temporary access to your server.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name='tareq236' timestamp='1310103080' post='116536']

when i am Add Categories from New Product then show following error:

“Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/tareq236/public_html/var/compiled/admin/%%E4^E42^E4252AD1%%mainbox.tpl.php on line 41”

[/quote]

I had the same problem. I use Firefox 5.0 and all I did was clear all the browser history, cache and cookies and the problem went away immediately.

[quote name='home@abitofhome.ca' timestamp='1310153851' post='116617']

I had the same problem. I use Firefox 5.0 and all I did was clear all the browser history, cache and cookies and the problem went away immediately.

[/quote]

I'm using Chrome and same thing but did this & worked:

1. Clear cache in browser
  2. Cleared data in /var/compiled/customer & /var/compiled/admin

And now I can add categories manually. Just trying to figure out how to get the drop-down back on when creating a new product; already figured out with the categories section in local.config.php but not for new product page

Strongly suggest that when you clear your compiled pages that you clear them all and that you also clear the var/cache directory. There are too many dependencies between the cached pages and the cached setting data to mess with the differences. That's why just doing ?cc is the best way to clear the cache (and compiled pages).

I'm getting this same error, except that it's occurring when I try to create a promotion. I fill out the general and conditions sections, then when I go to add a product (I'm creating a coupon for 25% discount off a certain book), I get this fata error. I've deleted the var/cache and var/compiled folders and also done the &cc thing to clean cache, but still getting the error. Please help.

Suggest you disable any 3rd party addons you might have installed or any modifications you've made to the my_changes addon.

If data is POSTed and an addon does not do a redirect, you can get this error. It was reported 2 years ago and they've never fixed the issue because they indicate that an addon is not following the protocol (though that protocol is not documented or defined anywhere).

After you disable the addons, add them back one by one and test again till you find the culprit. Then contact the provider and ask them for a fix.

Got this same error when trying to create a new report. All I was doing was adding specific products to the report and got the error. I've cleared, cleaned, deleted cache in browser, var files. I've tried it in IE, Firefox and Chrome and no mater what I do I get the error. Very odd.

BTW, it is still funny how I have to use Google to find this on the CS forum.