Not able to add blocks of any kind

Guys,

I have recently lost the ability of adding blocks to any of the layouts in the store. I have checked my user credentials and I am able to make any modifications on the store.

I have cleared the cache of compiled files both on server and browser with no change. Anyone has any idea why this is happening?

I’m using 2.0.14.

you don’t have permission to write to /compiled/ and/or your server is blocking the write due to security rules.

The compile folder has 777 permissions. What other folders should I be able to write in order for the blocks to work?

[quote name=‘tuxmeister’]The compile folder has 777 permissions. What other folders should I be able to write in order for the blocks to work?[/quote]

777 could be blocking permissions depending on what type of security software your server uses. Mod_security / suhosin have caused issues for me in the past so it’s very well likely to be a server-related issue.

I’m using Plesk 9 on my server and I don’t have those mods installed on Apache. Any other suggestion? It’s really strange since I was able to do this not long ago, and as far as I can tell nothing changed.