no free shipping for membership

I don’t understand the shipping memberships. Right now I have USPS standard and USPS priority. I only want to offer standard to non-wholesale as I want wholesalers to choose priority.

Unfortunately, I seem to have no option to do this. For USPS standard, I have guest and registered checked off, but not wholesale. If registered is checked, then it automatically offers it to wholesalers, because they are registered. If i only check off guest, the regular registered customers will be excluded. Any ideas on how to configure this? I do NOT want to use promotions because the “not in” function is rather defunct as well. (If I offer free shipping for products in category A, but not category B, they still get free shipping for category B if they order just one item in A…)

Is there a way to configure the above, or is cscart still very weak in exclusions. I tried to do this a few years ago with no solution.

Hello moka,

It is the standard behavior that a shipping method is available for all user groups if the “Registered” check box is selected in the “User Groups” column. If you want to display this shipping method for everyone except for those who belong to the “Wholesale” user group, you should create a new user group (e.g. “Customers”) and assign all registered customers that do not belong to any user group to the “Customers” user group. After that you should select the following check boxes in the “User Groups” column:

Customers

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

The problem then becomes those that register just before checkout. They would not be offered standard shipping even though it showed up in their cart before registering.

Hello moka,

The problem requires the investigation on your server. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide us with a temporary access to your server.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

This isn’t a server issue. For your solution to work, you need to be able to have the cart automatically assign people to “customer” as a default when they register. CScart does not currently do this.

Hello moka,

By saying “the problem requires the investigation on your server” I meant that we need to connect to your FTP server. It can be a CS-Cart issue, so we need to investigate the problem in more detail on your server.

As regards your request about automatic assigning newly registered customer to some user group, some code modifications are required to implement this feature. We would be happy to assist you in this matter within our technical support service. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk if you have support credits or an active support period.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team