Newsletters Errors

Hi,

CS v.2.0.4.

I am tring to send newsletter out on the platform.

They work in PHP and Send Mail but in SMTP they fail and generate the follow error

“Message could not be sent. Mailer Error: The following From address failed: from_name”

Also in PHP and Send Mail the mails are received with incorrect sending email address as follows -

[from_name@panther.domain.com]

I gather that the error is coming from "from_name not being assigned properly from the main settings. Doses anyone else have this error?

In the code, an override function is called when doing test emails and the following code appears:

```php

fn_override_mailer();

fn_send_newsletter($test_email, ‘from_name’, $newsletter[‘newsletter’], $first_newsletter, array(), DESCR_SL, ‘reply_to’);

fn_send_newsletter($test_email, ‘from_name’, $newsletter[‘newsletter’], $second_newsletter, array(), DESCR_SL, ‘reply_to’);

fn_restore_mailer();

```

Based on the fn_send_newsletter code in func.php, the ‘from_name’ and ‘reply_to’ should be replaced with empty strings, so that, around line 440:

```php

$reply_to = !empty($reply_to) ? $reply_to : Registry::get(‘settings.Company.company_newsletter_email’);

$from = !empty($from) ? $from : Registry::get(‘settings.Company.company_name’);

```

Alternatively, in admin/newsletters.php around line 173, find:

```php

fn_send_newsletter($test_email, ‘from_name’, $newsletter[‘newsletter’], $first_newsletter, array(), DESCR_SL, ‘reply_to’);

fn_send_newsletter($test_email, ‘from_name’, $newsletter[‘newsletter’], $second_newsletter, array(), DESCR_SL, ‘reply_to’);

```

and replace it with:

```php

$reply_to = Registry::get(‘settings.Company.company_newsletter_email’);

$from_name = Registry::get(‘settings.Company.company_name’);

fn_send_newsletter($test_email, $from_name, $newsletter[‘newsletter’], $first_newsletter, array(), DESCR_SL, $reply_to);

fn_send_newsletter($test_email, $from_name, $newsletter[‘newsletter’], $second_newsletter, array(), DESCR_SL, $reply_to);

```

I do believe a similar fix may be required for the batch newsletter function, because based on the code, subscribers will get newsletter emails that are address to them, but are coming from their own name and would send a reply back to themselves if it bounced. I could see this causing autoresponder hell if my intuition is correct.

Can someone verify?

Version 2.0

Does anyone know why my newsletter email would have an email “From” address of that from my hosting service and not one that I have added in the Admin section? I am lost…

User department e-mail address - Info@mydomainname.com

Site administrator e-mail address - Info@mydomainname.com

Order department e-mail address - Info@mydomainname.com

Help/Support department e-mail address - Info@mydomainname.com

Reply-To newsletter e-mail address - Info@mydomainname.com

Here is the email address that people see in the “From” section - mybookli@box224.bluehost.com

I sure would appreciate some help!

Thanks,

Steve

I am having the same problem and just submitted a response to an ongoing trouble ticket regarding the newsletter - I think the whole thing is broken. Hopefully they get it fixed soon.

I would suggest you submit a ticket also.

Let me know if you get resolution. In th emean time I will submit a ticket as well.

Please post your solution.