Newsletter

Is it possible to automatically subscribe new customers to the newsletter list or give them an option to select whether or not they want to receive the newsletter?

Also how do they unsubscribe? How do I add an unsubscribe link? How does it work?

Hello Saloula,

Thank you for your message.

In order to implement it, you should create a mailing list. When creating a mailing list the Show on registration check box should be selected. More information about how to create a mailing list you can find in our Knowledge base article:

http://kb.cs-cart.co…te-mailing-list

After a customer is registered, he/she will be able to subscribe to a mailing list in the Mailing lists section at the bottom of the profile details page.

In order to give the ability to unsubscribe from a mailing list, you should use the %UNSUBSCRIBE_LINK placeholder in the newsletter body. After a customer receives the newsletter, this placeholder will be replaced with the unsubscribe link automatically. More information about how to create and send the newsletter you can find in our Knowledge base article:

[url=“CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation”]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

I hope this information will help you.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Yes thank you, this is what I was looking for. Hopefully I'll get it to work.

You are welcome.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Can I change the box on the sign up form to be checked automatically to sign up for the newsletter, I mean so they have to physically uncheck it if they DONT want to receive it? ? I don't think anyone would bother to check this tiny newsletter box right at the bottom of the page.

Hello Saloula,

Thank you for your message.

Some code modifications are required to implement this feature. We would be happy to assist you in this matter within our technical support service. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk if you have support credits or an active support period.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

OK thank you,

Sally

You are always welcome.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

This is a 1 minute job. Find the right template file and add checked=“yes” inside the input tag for the checkbox.

Hey Flow,

Thanks for the reply! Do you mean one of my saved newsletter templates? I can't find any check boxes.

[quote name=‘Saloula’ timestamp=‘1368734142’ post=‘161908’]

Can I change the box on the sign up form to be checked automatically to sign up for the newsletter, I mean so they have to physically uncheck it if they DONT want to receive it? ? I don’t think anyone would bother to check this tiny newsletter box right at the bottom of the page.

[/quote]

Just be aware that in some countries, or in the case of using third party newsletter apps, this is a big no no. I understand what you’re saying in regard to people perhaps not noticing the subscription option, and not checking it, but you’ll also find that if you leave it for people to willingly sign up for the newsletter, and not be “auto-signed” without them perhaps noticing, you’ll have far fewer de-registrations.

Another option would be to throw some css on it to make it more noticeable, and to create a small block of content listing the benefits of signing up. Make the customer want to sign up. Just my 0.02c worth. :-)

That's true, I probably only get round to writing about 2 newsletters a year though.

Good idea too about the block of content listing why its a good idea to sign up.