newsletter sign up form

Does anyone know if the side box newsletter sign up form is also a middle content form -

I know for example if I include

{include file=“addons/news_and_emails/side_boxes/news.tpl”}

I get the text box to sign up by default - but I want to include just a link on my site to a page where they can sign up - seems like a silly request, but just trying to do something different and cant see a target for the newsleltter form only

thanks

If you’re editing a template file, then simply include these

```php

{$lang.text_signup_for_updates}:

{$lang.go}

```

If editing welcome page content or topic page content using a WYSIWYG editor in the admin area, use the following:

```php

[COLOR=red]Submit e-mail address to receive free updates and promotions:[/COLOR]

Go

```

And edit the parts in [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR].

I also suggest taking a look at my Home Page News Mod.

mdekok3000 - thanks for the info

actually my question is a little more than that - essentially I want to have in my top.tpl a new item called “newsletter sign up” for example - that when I click it will go to a page with the subscribe feature there - in the middle content area.

I essentially have to call a new template file - mymod/signup.tpl and then in content.tpl check for this page to be referenced etc… but I cant seem to get the pieces working - there was an old post about adding a new template etc and checking it, but never worked for me in 1.3.4 or 1.3.5

Thanks - will take a look at your mods either way

I am not 100 % certain about this, but I was looking for a similar feature. I wanted to create a newsletter page and take the subscribe to newsletter template from the first page and insert it into the new page.

I looked around on the forum and found this thread:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=358&highlight=add+page[/url]

• which involves creating a new page, and then putting a template into it. I still havent tried it, but you might want to contact someone in that thread who has.

Shock

yes, this is the post I was referring to as well - I tried quickly and didnt work and moved onto something else - I have many shops with customized designs etc, but never have I had to add a new page - I have created my own tpl that I include no troubles, but no main level pages… will try it maybe later today and if I get something will update my post

thanks

[quote name=‘DELTA9000’]mdekok3000 - thanks for the info

actually my question is a little more than that - essentially I want to have in my top.tpl a new item called “newsletter sign up” for example - that when I click it will go to a page with the subscribe feature there - in the middle content area.

I essentially have to call a new template file - mymod/signup.tpl and then in content.tpl check for this page to be referenced etc… but I cant seem to get the pieces working - there was an old post about adding a new template etc and checking it, but never worked for me in 1.3.4 or 1.3.5

Thanks - will take a look at your mods either way[/quote]

[COLOR=black]You can use the “Manage pages” feature for this.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]1. Go to the admin area and login if necessary.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]2. Once logged in, click Manage pages on the right side in the CMS sidebox.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]3. Add a new page and use the HTML form in my post above as the content plus any additional content you would like to add.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]4. Set the Available field to “Hidden” so that it won’t show up in the customer’s Site Info sidebox.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]5. Fill in all other required fields and click the Add new button.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]//Setting it in the Top navigation[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]6. If you’re viewing the details page for your new page, skip to step 7. Otherwise, return to the main Top navigation page.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]7. Open the details page for your new page by clicking it’s name in the list.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]8. Under the Page ID field, you’ll see a part that says “This page can be viewed at URL: [/COLOR][COLOR=blue]index.php?target=pages&page_id=[COLOR=red]{your_page’s_id}[/COLOR][/COLOR]”. [COLOR=black]Copy the url as the relative path to the clipboard.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]9. In the “Add new item(s)” section, enter a pos (position, objects are sorted ascending numerically by this), the URL you copied, the link text, and check avail to make it show on the customer’s screen.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]Please let me know if that works. :smiley: I haven’t tested it.[/COLOR]