Newbie question about CSS

Hi folks, thank you for this great tool (cscart).

I have a design question, so please bear with me:

My cscart store www.eshopkatoikidio.gr needed some css changes so i hired a freelancer to do the job. Basically the task was to change some css in homepage for nicer look.

Actually, the guy fixed everything i asked, the only problem is that he edited some css file in var/cache/css/style_c_df538b56a51049082b7e3d5004f3da79.css . Every few hours, the cache is cleared and the changes get lost…!

Please help me out to tell him where are the correct css files located so that he makes the changes in the appropriate folders.

Thank you all in advance

Turn off the CSS Join in your config.local.php file. Then he can see the actual location of the CSS file that is being read when the cached CSS file is created. It's probably either the styles.css file or the base.css file (in the skins/skinname/customer directory).

BTW, he should be using the my_changes addon for all your CSS changes so they don't get lost when you install an update.

Why are you clearing the cache every couple of hours?

Thank you very much for your help. Much appreciated. It solved my problem.

[quote name='Magpie Don' timestamp='1366316577' post='160225']

Turn off the CSS Join in your config.local.php file. Then he can see the actual location of the CSS file that is being read when the cached CSS file is created. It's probably either the styles.css file or the base.css file (in the skins/skinname/customer directory).

BTW, he should be using the my_changes addon for all your CSS changes so they don't get lost when you install an update.

Why are you clearing the cache every couple of hours?

[/quote]