New site owner and CS-Cart user here.

Hi, in the past ive used Zen-cart, and with that software they used template overiding so you didnt have to modify your default site templates… is that the same way CS-Cart works or do I need to modify the actual templates if i want to customise the default layout?

for example, i want to put my own logo, instead of the INTERNET SHOP logo at the top left [url]http://www.trueapplications.com/[/url] at this site.

So, would i have to find that image and deleted and replace it with a images of my own or do i overide the page someway or do i do it through the admin panel somehow?

Sorry if this has been discussed, i did a minor search but did not find a suitable answer to my question. i appologize in advance for not being able to figure this out on my own.

Mistachy,

I would start with the cs-cart knowledge base. You will find answers to common questions here:

[URL=“http://kb2.cs-cart.com/”]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

i clicked there specifically before i posted my question here. I clicked and read in the LOGOS BANNERS AND IMAGES tab and i saw nothing in the 4 links there that answered my question. If i overlooked something in those links adding soemthing in the design → sitelayout… then let me know, please

[COLOR=#0066cc]Removal of the ‘Build your PC’ image[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#0066cc]Adding a flash banner to the home page[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#0066cc]Displaying a free shipping image on a product details page[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#0066cc]Adding Comodo trustlogo[/COLOR]

nothing here answered my question

Hi,

Try under “Design” Logo’s and change the first one. Logo for customer area.

See if this works.

The demo page for this is:

[URL=“Instant Demo - CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Demo Try Free for 15 days”]Instant Demo - CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Demo Try Free for 15 days

[quote name=‘pbannette’]Hi,

Try under “Design” Logo’s and change the first one. Logo for customer area.

See if this works.

The demo page for this is:

[URL]Instant Demo - CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Demo Try Free for 15 days

wow yes, now i see whats going on here. i also noticed this template editor. if i edit a template and save it… is the repository ever affected?

Hi,

I have not really changed anything myself. Someone else may have to answer this.

What everyone does say, is back up what you do. I always save a copy of what I am changing-when I do, just in case.

Many people download the cart on their local desktop and work on templates there and not right in the “Production” live cart.

There are instructions in your file area on how to install cs-cart locally.

Bob

no, the repository is not affected

thanks for all the responses. questions answer! :mrgreen: