New products / best sellers/ recently seen, etc

Hello again,

I am trying to use different blocks for different parts of the site. Using 4.01

In the homepage I have added

-New products

-Best sellers

and they both work properly.

…HOWEVER, when I create new blocks for the categories (I want to have different styling, etc) they just won't work.

Same thing goes for the Recently seen - won't work in the product page.

Something similar happens to the filters. Wheneve I add new filters and try to change them they won't work.

I am not sure if this is some kind of caching problem - MAYBE it is, but the changes in the homepage take place instantly, why not in other pages? I am constantly using the ?cc paremeter, I have rebuild set to on.

This time I will leave the changes I did and see if they take place later, however I would like to know if anyone else has the same problems and to find a solution to this.

Does anyone else have the same problems?

I finally managed to pinpoint the problem here:

a) As for the new products, they appear only in categories that actually contain products, meaning, that if you have an empty Parent Category and several Sub-categories with products inside them, when you are in the Parent category, cscart doesn’t see any products (the sub-categories’ products) and thus does not display at all. However, in the homepage, where no category is selected you can see the latest products.

I guess this is a bug? It can’t work at the homepage but not in a Parent Category with no direct products inside of it? DEVS?

B) As for the filtering boxes that didn’t appear, I don’t know how this happened, but when I altered my filterbox by removing a couple of filters, it seems that the filter sidebox has been deactivated individually in each category, so I had to enter the categories section, take categories one-by-one, enter the blocks section and activate the filter box one by one.

Is this a bug, or a feature I am missing? DEVS? Any help here as well?

However, every other block I have added in the Categories section of the layout seems to be working as it should.

c) I still can’t figure out what’s wrong and the ‘Recently seen’ doesn’t work in the products?

I hope these solve some questions other people might have in the forum.

However, if anyone can help with these issues please do so.