new instal/upgrade

Hi All

I have had problems with upgrades since 2.0.9 and am now wanting to use 2.0.13

If I install (fresh) 2.0.13 in a sub directory what is the BEST practice to copy DATA, IMAGES etc from my 2.0.10 in to it?

Will it be compatable?

If successful I will then move from sub directory and replace existing cart.

Thanks in advance

[quote name=‘BarryH’]Hi All

I have had problems with upgrades since 2.0.9 and am now wanting to use 2.0.13

If I install (fresh) 2.0.13 in a sub directory what is the BEST practice to copy DATA, IMAGES etc from my 2.0.10 in to it?

Will it be compatable?

If successful I will then move from sub directory and replace existing cart.

Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

If I were you I would first install fresh copy of 2.09 on local host and with no files edited upgrade to latest version without braking live store. Only then importing db to fresh install of 2.013 in to some subcategory.

Best practice to have to have some decent file manager on server and move files (images) like you would on PC.

Hi

Thanks for that, I have already started to do my Install/upgrade on my server.

I installed and have managed to export and reimport from old to new.

You are very limited to what you can and can’t export so I thought I would try the database Backup and Restore. ie Backup existing database and Restore to new one.

This worked fine and completed but left me with one error!..

[quote]Database error: Unknown column ‘a.position’ in ‘order clause’ (1054)

Invalid query: SELECT a., b.description FROM cscart_currencies as a LEFT JOIN cscart_currency_descriptions as b ON a.currency_code = b.currency_code AND lang_code = ‘EN’ WHERE status = ‘A’ ORDER BY a.position

Backtrace:

File: /home/
/public_html//core/fn.database.php

Line: 310

Function: db_error

/public_html//core/fn.database.php

Line: 70

Function: db_query

/public_html//core/fn.init.php

Line: 426

Function: db_get_hash_array

/public_html//init.php

Line: 118

Function: fn_init_currency

/public_html/*/newadmin.php

Line: 23

Function: require [/quote]

I kind of understand that this is telling me a “field” or two are missing/incorrect but not sure how or if I can rectify.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Hi

UPDATE

Have managed to resolve this…

What I have done is INSTALL a fresh 2.0.13 in a subdirectory and make a Database backup from my 2.0.10 store, then I restored this to the new 2.0.13 store.

After working through the few errors which were thrown up I have got it working, only problem is that there is the odd language that is missing.

QUESTION… Is there anyway to run some kind of Database query (or something else) to ensure ALL new languages and database fields are installed??? :confused:

or

Am I asking the impossible?

Thanks in advance

Barry, Why didn’t you just go through the upgrade process via admin?

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]Barry, Why didn’t you just go through the upgrade process via admin?[/QUOTE]

Hi

When ever I have upgraded since 2.0.9 I have had major problems!

I had to get someone from the forum to rescue my site when going from 2.0.9 to 2.0.10

It just doesn’t work and the revert button leaves you somewhere between the upgrade and where you were.

I never had any problems upgrading prior to 2.#.# ie 1.#.# was ok.

I don’t know why? I didn’t start using the software until 2.0.10 and I upgraded from 1.3.5 to 2.0.8 then to .10 and now to .13 without any issues.

Edit: Let me know if you want help.

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]I don’t know why? I didn’t start using the software until 2.0.10 and I upgraded from 1.3.5 to 2.0.8 then to .10 and now to .13 without any issues.[/QUOTE]

Hi

There was a major issue with the first release of 2.0.9 and they released an amended version, unfortunately we used the first version and basically it corrupted a lot of things, ie left lots of residue and messed up all subsequent upgrades.

My 2.0.10 is fine but still has the odd issue or two. The 2.0.13 I have installed seems fine except for the couple of thigs i have mentioned.

You can’t just restore .10 database to .13. There are differences between the 2.

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]You can’t just restore .10 database to .13. There are differences between the 2.[/QUOTE]

Hi

Thanks for interest.

Yeah i sort of understand that and that is why I was asking if there is some sort of DB query that can be run to ensure correct formula!

There is but I have only seen them downloaded to do the update and you would have to have the ones for .11, .12, and .13.

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]There is but I have only seen them downloaded to do the update and you would have to have the ones for .11, .12, and .13.[/QUOTE]

Thanks again

Are they part of the upgrade packages and if so what would I be looking for?

Yes, they are part of the upgrade packages and the file name is /var/upgrade/upgrade_2.0.12-2.0.13.tgz/uc.sql

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]Yes, they are part of the upgrade packages and the file name is /var/upgrade/upgrade_2.0.12-2.0.13.tgz/uc.sql[/QUOTE]

Hi

Yeah have seen these files but if downloaded from CSCART.com it is fresh version not upgrade and the section var>upgrade is missing.

Thanks for the help

I know. That’s why I said that they were downloaded for the update.

In the time that we have been “papping” (I believe that is the term that is used over there;)), I could have been done with it.

If you can, just install a separate, fresh version of 2.0.10. Then upgrade it to 2.0.11, then to 2.0.12 and then to 2.0.13. Each step save the uc.sql file from the upgrade so you can run them all against your database.

In addition to executing the queries from uc.sql for each upgrade, you also need to find and execute any queries from uc.php - these are responsible for any data transforms. Remember that you need to do each of these in order: 2.0.11 uc.sql, 2.0.11 uc.php. 2.0.12 uc.sql, 2.0.12 uc,php, etc. My observation over the years is that many people doing manual upgrades do the SQL queries in the ‘.sql’ file but skip those in the ‘.php’ file. They run into specific problems which they address, but are unwittingly setting themselves up for future upgrade problems because they may have missed something else which is not yet exposed in the cart.

If it were me, I would make a copy of the 2.0.10 installations and step through the upgrades. It might just work and even if it does not, you will have the SQL upgrade information you need to do the manual upgrade.

Bob

Hi

Have put this on the back burner for now.

Thanks for the in put guys!