New categories not showing up on front/home page

So im trying to add a extensive amount of sub categories to my webpage.

Being that this would take a while i saw the “bulk category addition” Under the word category in the admin panel.

So i tried it out and seemed to do what i wanted it to do. Add multiple categories at once.

It added them just fine in the admin panel, but they wont show up in the drop down menu’s on the customer end.

Now if i click on the category that the sub category is suppose to be in, it displays all the sub categories at the top of the page.

Did some setting get changed in my admin panel or what?

EDIT:

I now cant get any new categories to show up on the front page. I can create them in the admin panel and they show up, but nothing shows up on the customer end.

I have tried with IE, Firefox, And Google chrome. I also cleared my Cache each time using ?cc

Please someone help, I’m at a stand still at the moment.

have you got the category menu set to emenu in blocks>categories.

John

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1329262080' post='131263']

have you got the category menu set to emenu in blocks>categories.

John

[/quote]

Yes it is set as EMENU in the blocks> categories.

Is there a limit of how many categories you can have?

Not as I am aware no, mine is set like the image below and flys out, also have you made sure you didnt apply them to a certain user group when you bulk adde.

John

categories.JPG

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1329322354' post='131316']

Not as I am aware no, mine is set like the image below and flys out, also have you made sure you didnt apply them to a certain user group when you bulk adde.

John

[/quote]

The image posted looks exactly like mine how its set up.

The categories were already set to “all”.

Sorry cant help, is it worth you snippping a screenshot of each window and posting it, other than that you may need to contact CS.

JOhn

ALRIGHT, I GUESS ILL CONTACT THEM. I APPRECIATE THE HELP

What does it mean also if i cant change the name of the Category names?

Some weird reason i had a category that changed names on me. The original name was called Wheels & Brakes. the name changed on the admin page to Brakes. But heres the weird thing, on the customer end, it still said Wheels & Brakes but there was no Wheels & Brakes in sight on the admin panel.

Also I cant change any of the names of any categories. I mean i can in the admin page, but they don't show up as different as on the customer end…

Is my site bugging out on me?

Did you get an answer to how to solve the problem? I am having the same problem.

If your front-end is not appearing in accordance with settings in the back-end, try flushing the cache (by appending &cc to your admin URL, eg. domain.com/admin.php?cc)

Thank you so much!!! That did it! I was so afraid something terrible was wrong. Thank you!!!