Negative Inventory

I have an online clothing store, when customers buy an item they need to choose the size.

I would like the customer to be able to select a size from the drop down menu on the product page ONLY if it's in stock (according to the inventory).

At the moment it shows all the sizes available regardless of whether they are in stock or not. So when a certain size has 0 left, it should disappear from this option menu.

I have unclicked the box in the Administration - Settings - catalog which says “allow negative amount in inventory”, but i can still see all the options listed.

Can anyone advise me what I should actually do?

Thank you in advance

have you also set inventory levels at option/combination level

John

Thanks for your reply John,

I have set up all the combinations for all the sizes. Where would I go in the backend to set the inventory levels at option/combination level?

I wonder if this is not working properly, there seems to be no difference if I click or unclick [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]“allow negative amount in inventory”, surely it should remove out of stock items from the drop down selection menus?? :confused:[/font][/color]

This may help

Inventory tracking: how it works in CS-Cart | eCommerce Blog on Running an Online Marketplace

John

Thanks john, but I still can't get it to work. Sometimes I feel I just can't do the most simple thing with cs cart.